Naked steel

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

So nice....S3 is super nice, same as I've got on my Mosaic. Jealous of the paint scheme, very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmai18

by hmai18

Not quite finalized, but close. Waiting for nicer barrel adjusters from Paragon and will be changing out the tape when I re-cable everything with the Shimano polymer stuff.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

This is a very appealing bike and overall result. The black tape and saddle keep it understated.
Well done.

hmai18

by hmai18

After a month of doing everything from 30min crits to an 8-hour mountain epic, I'm still blown away by this machine. Steerer has been cut down to a level where it's not interfering when I'm in a full-on tuck, but still has some room for upward movement in case of a mobility-reducing injury.

The Schwalbe One 28s at 50/60 PSI ride like a dream and I don't know how I'll give them up, but I'll be throwing on Veloflex Master skinwalls in the next week or so to try them out and will get a proper shoot done.

hmai18

by hmai18

Hi-res detailed goodness:

The rest are on my site: Blue Steel

hmai18

by hmai18

Updates heading into year 3:

My butt and the PRO Turnix saddle just didn't get along. Went back to a Romin, moved to a 143mm.

My rear Pacenti SL23v2 rim cracked at a spoke hole last fall and the front had a loose sleeve inside from day 1 that I just learned to live with. Finally got around to re-lacing the hubs to Boyd Altamonts. Gained a bit of weight, but hopefully also picked up some marginal aero gain.

Veloflex skinwalls looked great, but were a bit fragile. I swapped back to my trusted Schwalbe One 28s (latex-tubed) shortly after shooting the bike in the original post and have run those as my regular tires since. At 50/60 PSI, this thing is like a magic carpet over everything except the most gnarly broken tarmac and potholes.

LouisN

by LouisN

Beauty :beerchug: !!! And very decent frame weight !!
I found myself drooling over a superb Ti Naked X last fall at the CX Nationals. They are a magnificent piece of craftsmanship.
They will be sponsoring a Canadian Track athlete. Eager to see their take on track.

Louis :)

mcfarton

by mcfarton

Stunning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmai18

by hmai18

LouisN wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:53 pm
Beauty :beerchug: !!! And very decent frame weight !!
I found myself drooling over a superb Ti Naked X last fall at the CX Nationals. They are a magnificent piece of craftsmanship.
They will be sponsoring a Canadian Track athlete. Eager to see their take on track.

Louis :)
Thanks! Everybody knows who Maggie is around here. Looking forward to seeing Naked under another national-caliber athlete.