Feather Cycles Summer / Winter

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Broady

by Broady

Been in the pipeline for a while but got her this weekend and couldn't be happier!

Winter bike on P2.

Last edited by Broady on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AZR3

by AZR3

Damn! That color scheme is awesome! Didn't even notice the hi-viz at first, really well done. Another bike I could just hang on the wall an admire as art.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Broady

by Broady

This pic gives a clue to the colour scheme -

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Ooh now that's nice! First build in a while that's really made me sit up and look twice.

corky

by corky

Loving the details.......seat clamp etc......

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Wow, just wow. They doin' it right over at Feather.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Gorgeous!!! That colour scheme looks a million dollars. I just don't like the shape of those Enve stems!
Can we see some specs and weights if you have them?

Broady

by Broady

Not had chance to weigh yet, no decent scales at home sadly. Feels very reasonable for a steel disc roadie though.

Spec is pretty straightforward, pretty much all DA9070, King BB / headset / hubs, Enve rims / bars / stem / seatpost, Fizik 00 saddle, Vittoria tires.

Frame is 54 long, 120mm stem and fits like a glove. First bike I've ever had a full in depth bike-fit for and you can tell the difference.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That's really nice and well executed. A color scheme like that could and most often does go terribly wrong, but this is beautiful. I'm counting at least 7 different colors going on there, and 8 if the high viz green on the fork is different than the color on the thin logo font. Normally I'd say anything more than about 3 colors is a recipe for disaster. Love the head tube badge, and the seat post clamp design. And you rarely go wrong with clean lines and relatively consistent tubing shapes. Very nice.
I don't know anything about FEATHER as a builder. Tell us more perhaps, and about how the process went for you.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

That saddle is very far forward for a custom made frame.

Saw this on Twitter and was blown away by it then and am still blown away now!

Broady

by Broady

IamnotWiggins wrote:That saddle is very far forward for a custom made frame.

Saw this on Twitter and was blown away by it then and am still blown away now!

Apparently Fizik have changed the rail position on the 00 fairly recently, Ricky got caught out with the same problem on his personal build.

Nelus

by Nelus

Love the air max 95 theme.
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

Broady

by Broady

Calnago wrote:That's really nice and well executed. A color scheme like that could and most often does go terribly wrong, but this is beautiful. I'm counting at least 7 different colors going on there, and 8 if the high viz green on the fork is different than the color on the thin logo font. Normally I'd say anything more than about 3 colors is a recipe for disaster. Love the head tube badge, and the seat post clamp design. And you rarely go wrong with clean lines and relatively consistent tubing shapes. Very nice.
I don't know anything about FEATHER as a builder. Tell us more perhaps, and about how the process went for you.

Yeah, I have historically just had all black bikes, I always got bored with colours but couldn't be happier with this, it's turned out exactly as I wanted. It's actually 6 colours all in all, 4 greys, the white and the hi-viz yellow. Here's the reference point - https://content.nike.com/content/dam/on ... /image.jpg

The tubing is Columbus Spirit HSS, quite a subtle 'squoval' shape to it so works well with the modern parts.

Feather has been around for a few years now, won a fair few awards at Bespoked etc, made continental bikes for Rapha. One man operation based in York. I've known Ricky since before he started the framebuilding so it's awesome to see him go from strength to strength. His books have been closed for a while for new orders I believe, but I got my deposit down a fair while ago.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bmCube

by bmCube

Amazing paint scheme! Dream bike!