Colnago C60 PLBK Traditional 61 - Updated

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'd be careful about messing with the scratch. It's a matte finish and difficult to touch up without making it look worse. I think if it's going to bug you then you might try to find some greyish rubbing wax (if they make such a thing) and just use a teeny bit to kind of hide the white. I'll bet it would barely be noticeable then. I think touch up paint might make it worse.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Concerning the scratch, I personally doubt that the carbon structure is affected. It maybe looks a little bit worse on the picture than it actually is. Like Calnago said the matte finish is not quite easy to touch up and I definitely won't try it on my own because it'll only get worse. If you want to do it the right way you most probably have to strip the whole seat stay area and do the matte finish from scratch and this is very likely a job for the painter guys at Colnago I think? However I don't wanna send it back to Italy by now.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

LionelB wrote: If you do not like flexy bars I would skip the superleggerro 31.8, quite flexy.

That's interesting, quite flexy compared to what? I used to ride a Fizik Cyrano 00 Bar last season and was pretty pleased with it, so that one is still in the short list.
I will put the frameset on scale when I start with the build process.

LionelB

by LionelB

flexy compared to every other carbon bars I have now: Superlegerra 35 (I would recommend those on your C60), Ritchey carbon curve, Most Talon.

timjerome

by timjerome

love the frame

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Picture of superlegerro seatpost resprayed gloss black. Also, had my zipp sl2 bars done at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Nice! Have you stripped the seatpost before it got repainted?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Nice bike by the way ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@LorneMalvo: I forgot to ask but I'd like to know the exact measurement to the millimeter of the headtube length, including headset cup flanges. Just wondering if it is 200mm as stated in their geometry charts, or something more than that. The C59 I have was listed as a 195mm headtube length, but when you measure it with the headset cups installed it was really 200-201mm. I'm wondering if they actually increased the headtube length on a 61T C60 or just revised their measurement to reflect the inclusion of the cup flanges, since for all practical purposes they really should be included. They're an integral part of the headtube and you can't run it without them.

Thanks.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Yes would have been stripped - post would have been too tight in the seat tube otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Love the beyond black look!

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

@Calnago: measured up the head tube of my C60 and with the headset cups pressed in it's 206 mm, so it seems that they still don't count these in in their geometry chart since it's listed as 200 mm for a traditional 61. So they actually increased the head tube length but once again ignore the headset cups in their geo chart.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Finally started to try a few things out and need opinions concerning the stem guys. I'm not building it up yet because there are still a few things missing, but I'm getting closer.

So the stem question: Superleggero or Zero100? The Superleggero actually was off my list but I couldn't resist and wanted to know how it looks in practice. The outcome isn't that bad since it really fits in the pattern of all the glossy logos. On the other side I do prefer the shape of the Zero100 so right now my vote will go for that one.

Image Image
Image Image

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Another good thing is that Deda decided to change the arrangement of the logos on their Superleggero seatpost, so now it's possible for me to mount the stem without the logos being covered by the seat tube :thumbup:

kgt

by kgt

I vote for superleggero stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com