Colnago C60 PLBK Traditional 61 - Updated

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LionelB

by LionelB

Superleggero looks a bit too skinny with this massive head tube

moonoi

by moonoi

I'm going with the Superleggero stem on my MHCF C60 build, almost went with the SuperZero instead, because I thought it looked better, but no one had it in the length I wanted locally, that might be an alternative to consider if you prefer the more chunky looks? I think it looks better than the Zero100 personally.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jamiemcp

by Jamiemcp

Stunning

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Also thought about the Superzero but it has just a bit too much of that modern aerodynamic looks, that imo won't suit the frame very well. Will go with the Zero100 for now even though the Superleggero appeals to me better and better, maybe will switch to that one some day.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Does this frame have the longer head tube? I believe it is referred to as the "H" version.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

That frame doesn't have the longer head tube, it's just a regular frame with traditional geometry. The ones you are referring to do have sloping geometry with larger head tubes.
So actually there are three different geometries to choose from:
Sloping
Traditional
Sloping High (longer head tube)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TomColnago

by TomColnago

Looking forward to seeing this bike built up :D with regards to stem I do like the superleggera but I run a deda Trentacinque, but then you are limited to the bars but I prefer the big bars for sprinting and also they are comfortable for my big hands :thumbup:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Superleggero.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

The Trentacinque could have been an option but I like my bars to be fully wrapped. Of course this also could have been done with the 35 but imo looks a bit out of place.
Anyway decision has been made and I'm goin with the Zero100. Currently running it on my other bike too and I'm very pleased with it concerning performance and the looks.

sanandreas

by sanandreas

Where is the finished build ?

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

All remaining parts have been ordered and I most probably will finish the bike by next week, pretty stoked on how it will turn out :D

For now the final selection of parts that go on the bike so you guys can turn on your imagination game a little bit :wink:

• Groupset:
    Campagnolo Super Record 2011 with CT Titanium Crankset and C-Bear BB-cups + bearings
    chain and cassette will be Chorus
  • Wheelset:
    Campagnolo Shamal Mille with Challenge Criterium SC Open tires
  • Cockpit:
    Stem: Deda Zero100 bob 130mm
    Handlebar: Deda Superleggera 42cm
    Seatpost: Deda Superleggero RS
    Saddle: Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon FX Open black
  • the rest:
    Pedals: Look Kéo Blade 2 Carbon Ti
    Chaincatcher: Aivee CCR2

Haven't decided which bar tape to use yet but have a few italian options around to see what suits best.
Pictures of the finished build and weight list will follow.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

And so it beginns [emoji4]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice start Lorne. What width of saddle is that? I tried one of those for a short time but found the inner ridges along the opening very uncomfortable. Too much of an "edge" on them if that makes sense. I like the profile however. Looking forward to seeing the whole build. A friend just built one up in the same color scheme but a 58 sloping.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

It's the narrow version of the saddle which means 132 mm width. Definitely can understand your problem with the edge thing, I've once tried out the Fizik Antares VSX with the channel like gap in the midst of the saddle and had the same issues of just feeling the edges too much, literally a pain in the ass. Since this is my first saddle with a real cut out I'm curious if it'll feel good or if there's the same issue with the edges. Will give a quick review as soon as I hit a few kilometers with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com