2016 Cannondale Supersix Evo HM (6.7kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wombus

by wombus

So, I decided I wanted a new bike. After a bunch of searching I decided on the new Cannonade Supersix Evo HM as the starting point, however I a) wanted a colour other than mostly black b) wanted to highly customise things I actually ended up buying a complete Dura-ace 2 model and stripping most of the components to build it up as I wanted. It's a 54cm for reference as I'm pretty much spot on average at 178cm tall.

Basically it's going full ENVE cockpit and wheels, with SRAM Red eTap and Rotor INPOWER 3D+ cranks with Q-rings. The eTap kit is on back order til the second week of May, so here's the stuff I do have and weights. I've also put some estimates/claimed weights in there to round out a final estimate weight of about 6.7-6.8kg

Everything going according to schedule should all be built up by mid may when the eTap kit arrives. For now, here are a bunch of weigh-in photos

Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by wombus on Tue May 24, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wombus

by wombus

(Reserved for progress photos and final build)

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Wow, Cannondale do a great job hiding the red on their catalogue images. Damn, now I want this colour way even more.

wombus

by wombus

glam2deaf wrote:Wow, Cannondale do a great job hiding the red on their catalogue images. Damn, now I want this colour way even more.

The red stripe along the top tube also runs down the back of the seat tube :wink:

bencolem

by bencolem

What's the frame size? A guys got the same build (well, DA9000 but Enve 4.5's) and it's ace!

wombus

by wombus

bencolem wrote:What's the frame size? A guys got the same build (well, DA9000 but Enve 4.5's) and it's ace!

It's a 54cm - I've updated the first post now, thanks for the prompt :wink:

Monte

by Monte

glam2deaf wrote:Wow, Cannondale do a great job hiding the red on their catalogue images. Damn, now I want this colour way even more.

If the red happens to match the typical sram red... Damn thats going to be good!

jeffy

by jeffy

924g for a hi mod frame? So the CAAD 12 in 54 is only 200 grams more? How much is the evo?

wombus

by wombus

jeffy wrote:924g for a hi mod frame? So the CAAD 12 in 54 is only 200 grams more? How much is the evo?

924g includes the BB and headset bearings - that's going to be about another 80-100g (I didn't weigh them individually)

You also get a HM fork vs a regular mod fork which is another 50g saved in the price. Thinking of a hi-mod super six vs caad12 frame as purely a way to save weight is never going to stack up on a $$ spent perspective.

wombus

by wombus

Got a few new pieces in today:

Pretty happy they came in at 21g each vs claimed weight of 28g - perhaps the claimed weight included the bolts that came with the cages

was shocked by the variation across two otherwise identical tyres (claimed weight of 240g)

Image Image Image

and now for a progress shot - I've got other bits, but need the cranks and groupset before I can go much further (also, saddle and bars etc are not in their final resting places, just in place to facilitate the build)

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

This is going to look great!

kkibbler

by kkibbler

If ever a build befitted an aero frame from Cannondale, this is it. Strange that they've not got one. Really digging the frame color and parts selection.

Pottsy

by Pottsy

Hurry up & get eTap already :D

KCookie

by KCookie

Hi, wombus, what inner tubes are on the scale please,as I see they are lighter then the Race lites you've posted at 178g.
Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottw1987

by scottw1987

That is a stunning colour! I think I need one...