2016 Cannondale Supersix Evo HM (6.7kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mythical

by mythical

This frame looks so much better than the website/catalog suggests. And it's starting to look like a good-looking bike! Keep it up and hurry up already with finishing it! :mrgreen:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Shop owner I sometimes ride with has the same color, looks way better in person

Nice build so far and thanks for all the scale photos

wombus

by wombus

KCookie wrote:Hi, wombus, what inner tubes are on the scale please,as I see they are lighter then the Race lites you've posted at 178g.
Cheers.

They are also race lites - i don't know the difference. First one was old stock from the cupboard, new ones were those just received in the mail.

Also I think I made an error in the spreadsheet originally posting the 178g - should be 158g (2x79)

mythical wrote:This frame looks so much better than the website/catalog suggests. And it's starting to look like a good-looking bike! Keep it up and hurry up already with finishing it! :mrgreen:

I'm itching to finish it too - Cranks/PM are on their way from Germany, and the shop with the groupset isn't getting stock until 9th of May - so it's still a couple of weeks away sadly :cry:

wombus

by wombus

So I got a couple of new bits since my last post

Image Image

With the cranks at 919g inc rings and pedals (pedals at 209g, rings at 145g) leaves a net weight of 565g including spacers. The claimed weight was 525g (Unsure about whether that included things like spacers and chainring bolts)

Fabric tape came in at 141g, though I will only use about 2/3 of that weight (perhaps only 1/2) noting the aero bars.

eTap is due in to the store on Monday, so all going well will be up and riding this ahead of next weekend.

wombus

by wombus

So, eTap groupie finally arrived - a bit over a week later than I was hoping.

Image Image
Image Image

I also decided to spring for EE brakes, and some titanium cables
Image Image Image

and finally after a bunch of setting up

Image Image Image

I'll take it to the LBS late this week, or perhaps the weekend to get a shot on the scales (spreadsheet says 6.7kg) - I'll also aim for some better photos.. Sadly there's lots of rain forecast over the next few days so I won't get to ride her til the weekend.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

dope. would definitely go with black bar tape though
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

alastairb

by alastairb

rheosibal wrote:dope. would definitely go with black bar tape though

Initially thought the same about the bar tape, but then saw the picture showing the red highlight on the top tube and inside of the fork legs and now get it!

Liking the red tape a lot :beerchug:

alastairb

by alastairb

It is damned nice though....if I could have got an internal routed frame in the UK I'd be riding one now!

backside10

by backside10

Just bought a SS HM etap. Hoping to swap the crank for a rotor 3d+ and Power2Max powermeter when it comes in. I've read that there are clearance issues on some frames between the etap front derailleur low limit screw and the inside of the rotor crank arm (on account of the rotor arms being so straight I assume instead of bowing out like most others). Anyways, I'm hoping because you didn't mention it, there was plenty of clearance with the Supersix/etap/3d+ combo. Can you confirm? Thanks

by 573

Great looking bike.

ianeire

by ianeire

Lovely. It's a great colour (I have the same), but it's an absolute disaster to get fully clean.

evan326

by evan326

wombus wrote:Got a few new pieces in today:

Pretty happy they came in at 21g each vs claimed weight of 28g - perhaps the claimed weight included the bolts that came with the cages

Could I ask where you got these?

wombus

by wombus

[/quote]
Could I ask where you got these?[/quote]

Sure - I got them from sigmasport cannondale C-SL bottle cages