Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

what bluetooth pedals are u using?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Ok, any tricks/tips for getting the sizing spot on with the calculator? Im running zipp bars that match the shape of the aeroflys pretty well measurement wise, going from DA levers to SRAM (still feels dirty saying it haha)

Bart, would you be able to email the bolt list/supplier for all the TI bits?
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Nefarious86 wrote:Ok, any tricks/tips for getting the sizing spot on with the calculator? Im running zipp bars that match the shape of the aeroflys pretty well measurement wise, going from DA levers to SRAM (still feels dirty saying it haha)

Bart, would you be able to email the bolt list/supplier for all the TI bits?

The calculator worked pretty spot on for me. What issue are you having? As for the bolts. I ordered them from many different suppliers. I pretty much just measured all the bolt, and ordered them in ti. Some of them had to come from overseas via ebay. I also had to grind the bolt head smaller on the two front stem bolts.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I was just anxious trusting the calculator. Compared it against one i built last week and put my mind at ease :)

I'll take your measurements and get to ordering, I'm guessing the engineering guys weren't phased with the change of stem bolts?
Using Tapatalk

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

Nefarious86 wrote:I was just anxious trusting the calculator. Compared it against one i built last week and put my mind at ease :)

I'll take your measurements and get to ordering, I'm guessing the engineering guys weren't phased with the change of stem bolts?

This. The calculator tells me i should be on a 54, but all of my other bikes are 56. The reach on my BMC is slightly shorter and im running 15mm of spacers. With a 54 Vias it had me with an 85cm stem and something like 50mm of spacers? Are you noticing that people are sizing down on these? The local shops have only ever sold one and they have no plans to stock them. They say i should be an a 56 based on my height and other bikes, but i dont entirely trust them, given their lack of experience.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Have you played around with a shorter stem/bigger frame in the fitting tool?

I ended up deciding on the flat bar with the "high stack" top cap pairing with no other spacers rather than slammed on the low top cap with the 25mm+ bars. Logic is this gives me room to lower the front without having to swap bars dropping 25mm in one hit and I prefer the look of the 0 rise bars :)
Once I have the bikes side by side I will be able to eyeball it :)

Using Tapatalk

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

I did. If i move to the 56 frame it says 20.5mm of spacers, which makes sense since im currently running 15mm with a -6 deg stem and the propietary stem is -17. However, it says a 70cm stem is needed, which would be a deal breaker for me. I dont want to compromise handling that much.

tate

by tate

Bit late to this, but for those still hanging out for it, the light mount is a simple M4 bolt through the stock Garmin mount into the lezyne 400XL light.

Simple but effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Tate that light mount is rad. What you did with the Flux light was rad as well.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

ProfessorChaos wrote:Tate that light mount is rad. What you did with the Flux light was rad as well.

This thread is denting my bank account haha.
Now do I order the 400XL or the 800XL haha.
Using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I did some minor changes. I noticed recently the older lighter S-Works Toupe saddle I used on this build isn't quite as comfortable as my newer one on my older Venge. Well we discontinued the saddle on that bike as well. Through all the Retul data 130s don"t fit many people so the S-Works version is only in 143, and 155 now. I prefer the 130 everyday of the week, so I could hunt for another 2015 model, but I decided a more ww approach.

The older saddle was lighter anyway, so I decided to tune it. So I broke out the dremel, and removed the material in the back that joins the two sides together. The saddle now flexes a bit more, and it passed the comfort test after the initial 2hr test ride. It shaved 3g as well. I also removed the wings on the back for aesthetic preference. I say mission accomplished, as long as it doesn't break. I'll have to make sure the engine doesn't gain any weight.

So with that weight going away, I added some elsewhere in hopes of more power efficiency. I didn't weigh this as I know it is obviously heavier. It's also noticeable the reduction in friction in the drivetran. Those guys at Ceramicspeed have done their homework. Shifting seems to be great as well. I'm hoping they hold up in the long term. I seriously want to upgrade all my bikes now. The pedals seem to turn over a bit better, and you can really feel it.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That colour scheme works so damn well.
Using Tapatalk

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Very nice, thinking of purchasing the ceramicspeed OSPW myself, is that just the ceramic of ceramic coated version?

dpkinard

by dpkinard

Nice bike, I really like the look.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com