New Build 2016 S-Works Venge ViAS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

What kind of weights are you seeing with the 64's or the 808's? 7160 was with older 404 tubulars, correct? I havent done the Ti bolts you've done but mine with eTap and a fairly light saddle (Tune Kom Vorr....~95g) is right at 7.8kg with 4.5/R45 clinchers, speedplays/cages etc.

tate

by tate

7.8kg sounds about right.
Mine is 7.7kg with bell, one arundel cage, speedplay SS pedals, DA11-28, tune skewers, 175mm crank, 56cm. CLX64 clinchers. Everything else stock.

7.2 would need tubular climbing wheels, amongst other things I feel.

And a sweet front light mount thanks to DartanianX

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Interesting bottle cage placement.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

tate

by tate

You like it? If youre only going to run one cage that's the spot.

I think keeping the truncated profile of the downtube exposed, as opposed to the alternate arrangement, is better.

Plus the centre of gravity is lower!

Does it make any difference? Probably not, but it's got to go somewhere, and there's different.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

I'd say it would depend more on the leading edge you're covering up. Remember, the DT is designed for the wind to be diverted around the bidon, and the ST, if I recall is an aero leading edge, having the bottle there could create more drag behind the DT whilst negating the benefit of the leading edge of the ST.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

JLS

by JLS

Really nice venge! I like the bar tape you are using

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Weird, I'd think considering components, that I'd have a bit lighter bike overall. Awesome bike though!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

SLCBrandon wrote:What kind of weights are you seeing with the 64's or the 808's? 7160 was with older 404 tubulars, correct? I havent done the Ti bolts you've done but mine with eTap and a fairly light saddle (Tune Kom Vorr....~95g) is right at 7.8kg with 4.5/R45 clinchers, speedplays/cages etc.

I'll weigh it when I get home in a little over a week, I'm on vacation. It was around 7.6kg if I remember correctly with the CLX64's. I have Ti spindle Speedplays which probably accounts for a bit. I'm in Ohio on vacation, and I kind of miss my 404 tubies, as I sold them. I'm probably going to miss them more next week playing in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. In Texas though where I live now, the 64's, and 808's do quite well. I want to get rid of the 808's and get some CLX64 tubulars, so I won't have to adjust the brakes when I swap wheels. The 808's are a bit narrower, and it takes a bit of adjustment to get the brakes to work right when I swap wheels.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Yeah, same. Looking for 64 tubbies too as I swap between 4.5's a 64 clinchers. Great looking ViAS, btw.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Your ViAS is quite nice as well sir. I've honestly just been bouncing my front 808 between the Shiv, and 15 Venge, keeping the rear on the 15. CLX64's with Turbo Cottons, is a rather nice setup, I would love to have the 64 Tubulars though. I'm too lazy to adjust the brakes at the end of the day, so I just roll 16 like that with the clinchers for now. It's a bit heavy, but whatever. I should buy a Red 11-25 Cassette for the CLX too, that is good for a few hundred grams, plus the KCNC Skewers. All those little things help out, I was stoked to find the 118g S-Works Toupe saddle.

thedonnydino

by thedonnydino

tate wrote:7.8kg sounds about right.
Mine is 7.7kg with bell,

Haha, when you said "bell", I was like - "this guy must live in NSW, Australia"

Then I realised we ride the same bunchie Tuesday and Thursday mornings... small world.

I'm the guy on the titanium rig btw.

tate

by tate

Haha. Yeah NSW. What a joke. Though the bell does come in handy sometimes I must admit... Might see you tomorrow Donny.

Here's another pic. Still loving this bike!

ThiagoM

by ThiagoM

Great bikes, all of them. Helped in my decision. I'm new on the forum. Just bought everything to build a Venge Vias for me. I love the looks and wanted an aero bike.

The frame arrives this week. I will use Sram Red eTap. Saddle I have a Sworks Toupe. For the wheels I will use for daily training a set of Mavic R-SYS SLR. Not aero at all, but considering that I ride in Rio de Janeiro, if you saw the Olympics you had a glimpse of the nasty climbs and descents we have here. The descents on carbon wheels are not good. Curious to see what will be the final weight.

I will buy a set of aero wheels next for the flat rides, probably the Roval CLX64.

Toto76

by Toto76

If I can ask what light and mount are you using. Looking for something for my VIAS and this is by far the cleanest setup I have seen to date.

And a sweet front light mount thanks to DartanianX

A2ON

by A2ON

Nice ride - Love the red as many others have said, personally id remove the shifter decals and change the big ring to black but thats personal I guess.

Looks fast !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com