New Build 2016 S-Works Venge ViAS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

grumpier

by grumpier

ProfessorChaos wrote:
mike wrote:how do you like the ceramic speed rear derailleur cage? any rubbing of the large pulleys against the cassette?

I only used it for a few rides, but I had zero issues with it, and I like it a lot. I switched to eTAP, and it uses a different kit. It setup super easy. I use a 11-25 cassette, and it all worked well. I had to add one link to the chain. I have a version coming for eTAP soon.

What do you know about installing Campy EPS V2? I looked in the manual and didn't see any info. I suppose the only limiting issue would be the internal width of the seat post. I measured the width of the battery at 0.825" or 21mm. If you happen to know anyone with EPS, could you ask about the need for any cable extenders as well? I would hate to get the bike then have to wait on a silly piece of wire.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

grumpier wrote:What do you know about installing Campy EPS V2? I looked in the manual and didn't see any info. I suppose the only limiting issue would be the internal width of the seat post. I measured the width of the battery at 0.825" or 21mm. If you happen to know anyone with EPS, could you ask about the need for any cable extenders as well? I would hate to get the bike then have to wait on a silly piece of wire.

I know it has been done before, but that is the extent of my knowledge of EPS ViAS. Sorry, you have me at a loss on that one.

ThiagoM wrote:Amazing bike! I follow your thread since I decided to buy my Venge Vias, which I did in September last year. I bought a Venge Vias module and built it with eTap, Garmin Vector 2 and S-Works Toupe saddle. Recently I installed the Ceramicspeed OSWP. For wheels I use a set of Mavic R-SYS SLR for hard climbing and a set of Mavic Cosmic Ultimate for everything else. I'm 6'22" and my frame size is 61. I just weighted it with the Cosmic Ultimate and got 7600g. I will save some weight removing the spacers that I still have in the steam, but getting to the weight that you got is impossible... Again, amazing bike and thanks for sharing the built!

That's actually pretty light for a 61cm. I'm guessing your wheels are tubulars? That's really not bad at all. I have some ideas I'm working on that might be able to shed some more weight. Stay tuned...

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Id dare say EPS will involve the small V2/3 unit being under the garmin mount or squished into the base plate for di2 under the bb and the charging port in a hole drilled into the base plate under the BB.
Using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

While robust, wildly adjustable, and ultra aero, I think a lighter solution than this to hang your Garmin from can be attained.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Cnc or CF?
Using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Nefarious86 wrote:Cnc or CF?

Carbon. I want to invest in a vacuum bagging setup for this project, and others.

ThiagoM

by ThiagoM

ProfessorChaos wrote:That's actually pretty light for a 61cm. I'm guessing your wheels are tubulars? That's really not bad at all. I have some ideas I'm working on that might be able to shed some more weight. Stay tuned...

Yes, they are tubulars. I will stay tuned for sure...

Toto76

by Toto76

Been following your build with interest for a while. Very impressed with the way you keep looking for opportunities to save weight and customise your VIAS.

Thought I would share an image of my VIAS. It started out as a standard pro version 52cm (I wanted the clean stealth look) with DA9000. Then I added the S-works Quarq. It was recently upgraded to Etap. It has since had a splash of colour (Orange) at the request of my 4yo son.

Picked up the TT bars yesterday as until I buy a TT bike it will have to serve both purposes. Have ordered blips to allow shifting whilst in the aero position.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:Cnc or CF?

Carbon. I want to invest in a vacuum bagging setup for this project, and others.

Let me know how much I need to send you for one while you're at it ;)
Using Tapatalk

DartanianX

by DartanianX

@Toto76, could you take a photo of how they mount?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Clamps to the stem from what i can tell. Happy to be corrected :)
Using Tapatalk

Toto76

by Toto76

Nerfarious is correct, they mount to the stem. They come in 2 lengths. Shorter as per Nerfarious picture for ITU and a longer TT/tri version which is what I have.

These are the install instructions

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Sweet.

Yeah imagined as so. Looks like depending on stem length you'll have a touch of fore/aft adjustment.

Still waiting to land some in store to have a look. Shame the venge didn't bang as hard as we'd hoped here in AU otherwise we'd be over run with Triathletes wanting these installed.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Im kinda glad it didn't, leaves mine to be a little more unique than most other bikes about [emoji14]
Using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

DartanianX wrote:Sweet.

Yeah imagined as so. Looks like depending on stem length you'll have a touch of fore/aft adjustment.

Still waiting to land some in store to have a look. Shame the venge didn't bang as hard as we'd hoped here in AU otherwise we'd be over run with Triathletes wanting these installed.

If you work at a retailer, toss a set on a bike on the sales floor and start the fire yourself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com