Litespeed Ghisallo 1x10 build (3.76kg or 8.29 lbs but not finished!!!!!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

Wow.

I think the total weight of dinner (plus wine & water) last night was more than your bike.

On some of those things you did, you've got balls of...titanium!

:D

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Looking great!
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Hello everyone. Still waiting for that damn leaf spring for the rear brake. Thanks to all for the compliments. Without the rear brake, I am unable to still ride the bike. I am not sure whether or not I will need a chain guide until I ride it first. Also, I think the bike will look better after I remove the 2009 decals. Maybe even save about 3-5 grams in doing so too. I have some Tufo Elite Jets that I use as a spare tubular because they are very light and fold up nicely inside the jersey. If I throw these emergency tubulars on the 77 wheels I can save another 75 grams bringing the total to 3.84 Kg or 8.46lbs. With the THM Clavicula SE another 70 grams bringing the total to 3.77 kg or 8.31lbs. What else can I do to go sub 8.0 lbs? I wonder if I can do it with this Ti build :hello: Hey Xena, any suggestions or am I already maxed out? If I get a Yonex Carbonex I know I can break sub 8 lbs. I haven't seen a weight weenie attempt on that frame yet. I have seen enough of the Ax Lightness Vial so it does not interest me at all.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

xena
Banned

by xena

This is so awesome ......But you could go lighter on your seat-post combo. Mine are 139 grms and 129grms and that's with 99 grm seat. You could get at least 50grms off with the right combo. Ed who made my combos now wants to redo them because he can make them even lighter.
Kevin would be able to comment on what's possible but sub 100grms is a serious possibility and I'm sure I have seen a sub 100 grms seatpost combo on here and what about making a bar stem combo, again you may be able to lose some weight there.
Your bike is unbelievable. I'm trying. One thing I did and you will laugh at this . On my tune front tune skewer I had a bit of excessive thread over so I cut it off 1 grm :lol:
Another thing you could try, is sending the bike over to me let ride it for the next year or 2 and I can then access what's possible [ joke] :lol:

Great stuff and can't wait to see Kevins new build as well.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Come by and let's talk WW stuff. I'm sure we can figure out how to get it lighter. I have a bunch of parts laying around. Not to mention I want to check this thing out in person.

Edit- what chain are you using?
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

RyanH

by RyanH

Donald's Dash/Schmolke combo weighs 68g:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139658&p=1235698#p1235698

xena
Banned

by xena

RyanH wrote:Donald's Dash/Schmolke combo weighs 68g:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139658&p=1235698#p1235698

:doh:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

donald

by donald

My combo now weighs 71 grams. I was a little worried the sides might start developing a little crack and so I added a couple thin strips of carbon. It still flexes, just not as much, and now I'm not worried about it. I admire all the weight weenie stuff all you people are doing. Things you all are doing are very cutting edge, creative and inspiring. I look forward to seeing more great stuff.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Xena - thanks for the suggestion on the seatpost combo. I am gonna contact Ed and see what he can do. The one on your Guru looks so nice. Maybe I can be the first in the USA to get one too. My Berk is 155 grams and there is weight that can be saved..... Still an awesome combo that is very comfy and built clean.

@Kevosinn - I am using a KMC X11SL chain. Maybe some weight can be saved with a YBN Ti chain? Yes I am looking forward to visiting your shop and would love to see one of your Cryptic frames. As soon as I get a chance I am there dude. I would love to talk weight weenie stuff too :thumbup:

@RyanH - thanks for that link. I never visit the discussion forums and would have missd that Ruegamer update. Wholly molly!!!! A 71 gram combo is insane. The Dash P3 saddle is already light as it is. Mine weighs 40 grams with the kevlar rails. Donald ditched the rails and removed more material from the saddle. I wonder what the railess saddle weighed on it's own? BTW your Litespeed Xicon is the best Ti build on this site. Following that build thread made me want a Litespeed. I must say I got lucky finding mine on Ebay in pristine condition. It was up on Ebay for maybe 10 minutes before I clicked "Buy It Now" immediately before someone else did.

@Donald - you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I have a few YBN Ti chains here. We can compare the weight to yours. May be able to save a few grams there.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Kevosinn I was always curious to how much weight can be saved using a Ti chain. They are just so expensive that I could never get myself to test out weights. If you have one that I can compare to the KMC chain that would be super cool.

As I wait for my back ordered carbon leaf spring for the rear brake, I thought I would mix and match this build for different functions. I was thinking 3 versions which are as follows:

1. All Rounder: Zipp Vumaquad crankset with 44 tooth Fibrelyte chainring
2. Flat Lander: Ax Lightness Morpheus crankset with 49 tooth Fibrelyte chainring
3. Up Lander: THM Clavicula SE crankset with 34 tooth Fibrelyte chainring

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Here is the THM Clavicula SE crankset. This thing is nicely built and I am very impressed with how it looks. When compared to the Clavicula Classic, the SE has much less material. Superb German engineering. I am very tempted to not take sand paper to it to lighten it up some more but who knows :noidea: WWDBD?

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

That SE crank really is amazing. They do a great job.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

In my opinion the only way to loose some weight from this project is (after seat/seatpost combo) singlespeed,or thy to mount shifter like,this one from Donald project. of course we are no talking about carbon frame.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Below are the 3 versions I was thinking about. Just swapping a few components around really changes the weight of the bike. Wow I thought. I still need to cut off about 1.5 feet of PowerCordz for the rear but that is probably less than a gram. What do you guys think? I am leaning more towards the All Rounder version as initially planned. The Zipp Crankset also has the best Qfactor for my riding preferences. The Flat Lander version came in waaaaaay heavier compared to the others. Lew Pro VT-1 wheelset with heavier tires plus the KCNC Titanium 12-25 cassette instead of the Recon Aluminum 11-23 cassette.

ALL ROUNDER is 8.44 lbs
FLAT LANDER is 9.12 lbs OUCH!!!! :unbelievable:
UP LANDER is 8.29 lbs

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com