Litespeed Ghisallo 1x10 build (3.76kg or 8.29 lbs but not finished!!!!!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Fuchspk - I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet. It will not be at 3.76kg because I decided not to use the Clavicula SE crankset. Once I finish the bike I will post a full build list with weights. I have been distracted lately with work and have drifted away from cycling the last couple months :scared:
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

craciunptr

by craciunptr

How are those mag clincher rims looking?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@craciunptr - For the Magnesium wheelset I was ready to go....but I ordered the wrong spoke lengths from China which was a costly mistake. I had to eat the cost and put this project to the side. I still have not ridden the bike!!! I want to finish these wheels so I am going to build them first using cheap steel spokes so I can get the lengths correct. Then I will order some Pillar Xtra-Lite Titanium Spokes for the second time. I also needed a replacement spring for the rear Ax Lightness brakes. After trying multiple vendors overseas for months who could not source me the part (R2-bike, Starbike, Hibike, Bike-Online), I simply sent an email to Ax Lightness and got a quick response from Nils who sent me both a carbon spring and a steel spring. I should have done that from the start!!!!!

I want the wheels to be "All Metal" so I removed the black anodizing from the Extralite rear hub and the M5 front hub as originally planned. I have always wanted an all silver wheelset.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I removed the Berk decal on the seatpost and all the Litespeed decals. This would look nice with an all metal magnesium wheelset with gumwalls. Notice the excess Powercordz on the rear caliper. I finally got some replacement springs so I can get this build rolling again.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I just love the Tune ZFS skewers. They are the lightest you can get. All my bikes have no color. Maybe I should add some color to this build? Which accent colors should I use?

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

How about purple? It reminds me of the mid nineties. Everyone had purple anodized parts. I am going to shamelessly borrow RyanH's look on his Ti builds....The cleanest Ti builds on this forum. I probably won't use all these purple parts, but just in case I bought a whole bunch of stuff from Toronto Cycles.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I left the cassette lockring off because it was too much purple. Same thing with the barrel adjuster and the end cap. Maybe this is too much purple as well? I can always change it back after applying the decals.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Please!! The shifter angle! Think of the children!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Lol!!! I will if I ever finish it and get chance to ride it. I still need Cryptic to bond the stem and handlebar for me.

ImageFelt AR FRD

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Soo close ! What's the weight now?

anquetil

by anquetil

Now you can ride to local market and buy salad. I have Ghisallo around 5 kg but useless to ride normaly.

BmanX

by BmanX

Why is it useless. I have had builds done between 5-6kg and they were not useless. We have people on this board below 5kg doing huge mileage with zero issues.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@craciunptr - I am not using the Clavicula SE so this current configuration went up around 50 grams or so. But I removed maybe 5 grams worth of decals. So it is around 3.8kg right now. Still shooting for an 820 gram Magnesium wheelset build which will also add an additional 60 grams.

@anquetil - Thank you for the kind words :thumbup: It really motivates me to take the time to share updates on this build.

ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

It already had that old school WW look and the purple took it to the next level. Please bring this and the single speed by soon I want to check them out hahaha
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I put on the RyanH style decal set. I think it looks really nice. However, maybe a darker magenta color would look even better. I left the stem bolts, headset spacers, cassette lockring, water bottle screws, and downtube barrel adjuster the same as too much purple will take the focus off the frame. The red Corima pads don't go well with the purple. Do they make carbon friendly purple brake pads? Haha. When I switch to the Magnesium wheels, I did find some purple brake pads by Swisstop. The brakes are finally tuned and ready to go once I replaced the leaf spring in the rear caliper. I am still messing around with the Magnesium wheels. I am thinking about trying the rainbow colored spokes that have a hint of purple on them. And yes, the hoods need to be repositioned.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD