Litespeed Ghisallo 1x10 build (3.76kg or 8.29 lbs but not finished!!!!!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The THM Crankset just looks so dang pretty. Compare it to the Ax Lightness crank you can see where so much weight is being saved.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

If anyone was wondering about the wheelset, they are 77 Composites rims 20x24, Sapim SuperSpokes, and Extralite CyberHubs. If anyone is interested in getting the 77s, you have to find someone that actually weighs them. I had to pay a premium for the lightest rims in the batch so to speak. They are noted as the UL version and there is a difference in weight compared to the standard version.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I like this alot.

xena
Banned

by xena

I like the all-rounder
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

mythical

by mythical

Wow! This ride just got even nicer and with a more awesome weight! I wonder, how much do those rims weigh? I saw some 25T rims from 77 Composites that were below 200 grams.

Also, them THM Clavicula SE's sure are good-looking and an improvement over the others. How come you're keeping the Zipp VumaQuad and AX Morpheus? Because both are also discontinued.

I ditched my pair of VumaQuads because my pedal loads deformed the axle. Now I got a new crankset on the way that will hopefully turn out very well.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

BRZeer

by BRZeer

godzuki26 wrote:The THM Crankset just looks so dang pretty. Compare it to the Ax Lightness crank you can see where so much weight is being saved.

Du ma nice plastic crank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@mythical - I don't know why I like the Vumaquad so much. Maybe because I have a set on my daily rider bike (Look 595) and I am just used to it? I know the Q factor is narrower than the other 2 crank sets which I prefer. Also, the Vumas feel a little more special since I did some weight weenie stuff to it. I removed all the decals, clear coat, and material from the inside of the crank arms. The new THM crank is already light to where it does not need to be tuned like many of the modern framesets out right now (Ax Lightness Vial Ultra, Cervelo R5Ca, Cervelo RCA, Yonex Carbonex). It was actually very fun taking an outdated titanium frame from 2009 and getting it under 10 lbs through some tuning. I was always afraid to tune/modify stuff but through the help and advice of Xena, Kevosinn, BManx, and Prendrefeu I was able to do some cool things with "older" equipment. When Prendrefeu said on one of the threads that anyone with a high school education can intelligently tune, I went out and bought a Dremel to give it a try. He was right. LOL.

I can't give a ride report yet but I will as soon as I get this thing functional. I may hate riding tuned parts or I may love it. I won't know until I try.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by 9734344

I think the Zipp Vumaquad is the perfect design. A four bolt inline with the crank. Why did Shimano and Campag rotate 45 degrees? It is just wrong and you are so right.
I'm not a NUMBER.........I'm a Free Man

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Crazy wheel weight. Thanks for sharing.

xena
Banned

by xena

I have weight weenied Vuma I am sticking on my Trek when its back from having a new ti bb shell fitted.
I have to confess I just like the way it looks and its bonkers light as well. Going the THM route is "the way of the dentist"
:thumbup:

deltree

by deltree

9734344 wrote:I think the Zipp Vumaquad is the perfect design. A four bolt inline with the crank. Why did Shimano and Campag rotate 45 degrees? It is just wrong and you are so right.

Going to a 110BCD with 53/39 chainrings would either be really flexible or heavy if they added more material to reduce the flex. I think it's so there's more support on the chainrings at the right point of the pedal stroke and not in the deadspot where the Vumas are. I could be way off the mark and I'd love to see some FEA on various cranks, I believe the latest Fairwheel cranks test measured deflection at the crank arms only and not at the chainrings.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Xena you understand me :beerchug: When hours are spent modifying something it just feels that much more special. You won't know until you actually take the effort to tune something. The 77 wheelset is the easy way out to achieve the sub 4.0 kg goal but I only posted it because I am not finished with the Magnesium wheels. I probably spent the most time working on those Mag rims than any other part on this build. Not to mention it took me over 5 years trying to source a pair of American Classic clincher rims. Goal is still a sub 820 gram clincher wheelset. Stay tuned :thumbup:An all metal wheelset will look pretty cool with the ti frame.

ImageFelt AR FRD

xena
Banned

by xena

godzuki26 wrote:Xena you understand me :beerchug: When hours are spent modifying something it just feels that much more special. You won't know until you actually take the effort to tune something. The 77 wheelset is the easy way out to achieve the sub 4.0 kg goal but I only posted it because I am not finished with the Magnesium wheels. I probably spent the most time working on those Mag rims than any other part on this build. Not to mention it took me over 5 years trying to source a pair of American Classic clincher rims. Goal is still a sub 820 gram clincher wheelset. Stay tuned :thumbup:An all metal wheelset will look pretty cool with the ti frame.

I have been looking for some Mag rims as well. No luck :( they are gold dust along with the Fred Johnson rims.
I'm tuned in :thumbup:

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Mannn something about the flat lander set up I love. I think it brings me back to the days of the original weightweenie bikes I would come and drool over on here. So many had the Lew wheels at that time.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Ha,you reach the goal. Any new target???? 3,4??g?:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com