Litespeed Ghisallo 1x10 build (3.76kg or 8.29 lbs but not finished!!!!!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

There's still the possibility of gluing the liners directly to the frame. It's Ti so removal shouldn't be an issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

Drill another hole in the BB as it is Ti it should be more than fine and of course saves more weight.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

2lo8

by 2lo8

Index style barrel adjusters with the plastic indexer piece removed are pretty skinny. I think SRAM makes in aluminum that you can get as spare parts.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Every day I check for updates on your build and hope I'll see some more pictures of your amazing project... Please share some more!

Thanks
Petre

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@craciunptr thanks for checking in :thumbup: I finally received the barrel adjusters from Toronto Cycles. I ordered several and obviously the aluminum ones were lighter than the titanium ones. I am ready to finish the cabling for brake and shift. I just need some time this weekend to button it up.

Finally, I found a place that can get me Pillar Xtralite Titanium spokes. Actually, 2 places. I was giving up on my magnesium clincher wheelset build but it looks like it will happen. Now, I need to find someone who has experience with building titanium spoked wheels that require a higher spoke tension, ect. The last thing I need is some inexperienced mechanic to break these spokes through trial and error. They are hard to get and pricey. I had polished the magnesium rims and they shined like mirrors. They looked excellent. However, in a short span of 6-8 weeks the rims have oxidized and are now a matte/dull silver. If the rims get wet, they will probably get even worse. What I am trying to say is these rims look like crap now and will continue to get worse over time. So, I am debating if I should even waste my time removing the black anodization off the M5 hub and Extralite hub. I was going for an all silver wheelset to compliment the Tune Skyline Skewers I got on sale from R2Bike. What do you guys think? Keep the hubs black or strip them and make them silver? If my math is correct, this wheelset will be around 830 grams.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I think these magnesium wheels look absolutely amazing. My rims looked like the ones pictured below but lost it's shine over time. If only they stayed looking like these wheels.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

Leave them black and have them pop
BIG DADDY B FLOW

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I may do that for the added contrast. However, I was planning on making this a stealth/logoless titanium bike. I plan on removing all the Litespeed decals, Berk logo, ect. I wanted to also remove the Extralite and M5 logos. The only way I know how to do that is throw some Grease Lightning on it. I am only keeping stickers on this build right now so parts can be identified easier by whoever is following this build. What has thrown me off my vision is how bad the rims look now. Decisions, decisions, decisions :mrgreen:

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I will also throw different wheelsets on this build to be comfortably under 4.00kg. If the Magnesium Clinchers turn out too heavy with Eclipse inner tubes and Hutchinson Atom Comp X-Light tires, I have some 77s I can use.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

If you want to go stealth then they have to be raw and just the way it has to be BUT since you have a BERK saddle a little black will make it POP!
BIG DADDY B FLOW

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Just going back to brake shoe (carrier) bolts I see the consensus is ti. How about for the rear? Do you think there would be less stress there? Obviously less crash risk on the rear.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@4ibanez - I really cannot comment about using aluminum bolts for brake shoes front or back as I have only used titanium in the past. People have recommended against it so I will not use them on this build. The weight penalty is minimal anyways.

I am pretty busy this weekend so I am not sure if I will have time to cable the bike up. Just some small updates on what I have going. I will try out some Tesa Fabric tape for the handlebars. It was mentioned in this forum some time ago and I could not find good follow up on how they are when used. I will not be wrapping the drops. Only the horizontal part of the handle bar up to the BTP brake hoods.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Here is the aluminum barrel adjuster for the down tube that I purchased from Toronto cycles. I do not want to drill out the threads on the down tube bosses because I will not be able to resell the frame if I choose to in the future. Titanium version of this bolt was more than double the weight.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Some aluminum bolts for water bottle cage vs Nylon bolts.

Aluminum m5 bolts x2

Nylon m5 bolts x2

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I wanted a light bottle cage so I contacted Simon from Carbonworks in Germany. He built a 3.5 gram bottle cage for me. I haven't used it yet but it is very nicely built and super light. It is hand made and I like the minimalist look of it. It has a grayish color similar to the Ax Lightness fork. This cage looks much nicer than the BTP Kevlar cage that I was planning to use. I like the tubular shape of this cage vs the flat ribbon shape seen on the BTP/Tune cages.

Carbonworks standard version is 5 grams and their mountain bike version is 6.5 grams. Mine is special :thumbup:

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com