Litespeed Ghisallo 1x10 build (3.76kg or 8.29 lbs but not finished!!!!!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xena
Banned

by xena

BmanX wrote:Bar/Stem combo's normally end up at the same weight or just slightly above having now done 2 with different builders.

Not so sure . Ed who makes my combos seems to get the weight down . He's doing me a bar stem combo now.
The seat post combos on both my bikes . seat post combo on my trek = 90grms seat+ 130grms seatpost = final combo weight 129grms.

seat post combo on my trek , seat 99grms +130 grms seatpost = final weight 139 grms.

I did not weigh the bar stem combo on my Guru. But its way lighter than it was before it was put together.

He wants to re do all my combos because of new carbon and layup ,he can make them all significantly lighter.

I'm sure Kevin can back me up on this. He's at the high end of carbon materials and layups.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

Would be interesting to see how they are done and how they keep the weight down.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

RyanH

by RyanH

My 3T/Mcfk combo went from 277g to 267g done by Predator and stiffness went up dramatically. Stiffness is now on par with the 3T/Zipp stem (140g stem):

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137342&start=165#p1214739

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

It all depends on the parts you're starting with. Using an enve stem you save huge weight. With something like an AX stem its pretty minimal.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I am still waiting for my cassette to arrive. Once I get it, I can finish this build up. It is sitting in customs :evil:

While I wait, I had some time to think about my current gearing. I love the Zipp Vumaquad I have for this build. As mentioned earlier, it is mated with a 44 tooth Fibrelyte ring. I quickly realized that there is no way I will be able to ascend Alto de L'Angrilu in a 44 tooth ring. So, although I will use the 44 tooth Zipp set up for all around riding, I need another option for the steeper climbs. For those special days I will use a 36 tooth ring. Why not attempt to go a little lighter with an Ax Lightness Morpheus crankset while I am at it :lol:

Surprisingly, I did not save as much weight as I thought. Although the 36 tooth chain ring is 17 grams lighter than the 44 tooth chain ring, the Ax Lightness bottom bracket bearings/cups were 10 grams heavier than the ceramic Zipp Vumaquad bearings/cups......plus there is one extra chain ring bolt on the Ax Lightness set up.
Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

Very cool. Too bad you could not find a very light cranks set that would allow you to run a solid fibre-lyte spiderless ring.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I know. A few months ago there was an auction on Ebay which was a THM M3 crank with a custom Fibrelyte direct bolt chainring that didnt need the spyder. Would have been perfect.

My buddy owns a THM SE compact crankset that has been sitting in a box for months. I might try to go steal it from his garage while he is at work :thumbup:

ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

I am using some older FSA cranks (not the lightest) but they have a removable spider which is cool so I have my MTB running direct bolt on rings and my TT bike which is a 1 X 10 is now also running the same set up.

BIG DADDY B FLOW

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Wow these are light. Not sure how they will perform but in comparison my Reynolds CryoBlue pads were 18 grams while my Swiss Stop Black Prince were 30 grams. Thanks for the tip Xena.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

So close to being done...i'm actually surprised at how heavy the AX crank is compared to the Zipp. You're super close to me i'm in Mission Viejo you need to stop by soon.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I just snapped one of the carbon leaf springs on my brake calipers :twisted: I am sooooo stupid. Let me see how far I can bend the leaf spring in the opposite direction. I am such an idiot sometimes. So, I had to switch back the front carbon spring with an aluminum spring. This brought the final weight up a bit. I also put the titanium bits back on the brakes and decided not to go with the aluminum hardware per Xena.

Mission Viejo? Dude, we are practically neighbors. I'll cruise by once this thing is done :thumbup:

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

This morning I noticed that the end of my handlebar that I cut is splintered. I probably should have used a brand new blade when sawing through it. Will the splintered area spread? Can I use some type of adhesive to bind the area? Any help would be appreciated. I plan to not wrap this area with bar tape so I would definitely like to stop the detachment from spreading. What will work? Super glue? Resin from a DIY carbon repair kit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

In my R/C car racing days as a teen, we would modify our carbon tubs with dremels and use super or crazy glue to seal off exposed areas. This was not highly scientific but it worked for our purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

Jengaback

by Jengaback

I would put a tiny bit of super glue on the affected bit. Gently taking the edge off with some wet and dry and putting a wrap of electricians tape around the end would stop it catching on anything else and prevent the same thing happening again

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Nothing to worry about....bring it over and I'll fix it for no charge. Send me a pm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com