Litespeed Ghisallo 1x10 build (3.76kg or 8.29 lbs but not finished!!!!!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

An inspiration for those chasing minimal gains - good work! I've recently bought some THM pad holders but won't use the carbon-ti alu bolts I bought. I've a got me some nylon M6 for top cap and m3 and 4 for limit screws, hoping they'll fit my red derailleurs as I just looked by eye. Will either spray em or nail varnish the heads black.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@4ibanez - That sounds cool. Post some pics when you can. Per the recommendation of prendrefeu who mentioned nylon bolts cracking from UV, I am trying out some polycarbonate clear bolts. I will post some with my derailleur as soon as I get a chance. The clear bolts look groovy :lol:
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Arlberg

by Arlberg

Can we see please some pics of the whole bike rather than just close ups of various parts?

RyanH

by RyanH

@arlberg, it's a build thread, a methodical well documented one at that, this is how it works around here. That's like going to the book store and saying "I don't want to read along, just tell me what happens."

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Sorry to all. I have been busy with work and had to take a break from this build because I have been stuck trying to get the PowerCordz to work with the brake calipers. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I ended up snapping one of the carbon leaf springs for the Ax Lightness brake calipers. I had to order a replacement leaf spring which I used for the front. With the replacement, I successfully got the front brake set up pretty easily. However, I am running into difficulty with the rear brake. When I squeeze down on the brake lever, the caliper clamps down properly. However upon releasing the lever, the brake caliper will NOT open back up. The issue lies in the carbon leaf spring which does not have enough springiness to return the caliper to the open position. I must mention that the first leaf spring I snapped was a BTP leaf spring. The one I am having issue with for the rear is also a BTP leaf spring. It is half the weight of an Ax Lightness carbon leaf spring but much more fragile and weak. I am currently waiting for a replacement carbon leaf spring from Ax Lightness to replace the BTP....hence my long absence in updating/finishing this build. If there are any suggestions on what I can do with the BTP, please let me know. In the mean time, I will have to wait for my replacement as they are backordered :(

BTP leaf spring.....Super light but super fragile and weak. It is UD instead of 3K like the Ax Lightness. The carbon Ax Lightness version also weighed about 3 grams. BTP is built without the metal insert on the top.

I have already tried installing the Powercordz cable while the brake caliper is clamped all the way down.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

I would buy a new one and send it off to BURK to have him make you a few that actually work. I would bet he could improve on the design.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I wanted to know how much this build will weigh and I didn't want to wait for the carbon Leaf Spring for the rear brake. I went ahead and wrapped the bars with the Tesa tape uber weenie style. I also have quite a bit of of PowerCordz to cut for the rear brake. I don't want to cut it until I get it set up properly. I also have some steerer tube that needs to be cut along with taking the barstem to Cryptic to get it bonded. I will also be removing the Litespeed decals. As of now, the bike is not rideable and I still have some things to do to it. I am comfortably under 4.00kg with pedals and bottle cage. I will post final build pics in the next few weeks once this build is finalized. I will also include a build list with weights. This is more of a teaser pic for myself :thumbup: My apologies for the crappy pictures. Also my clincher magnesium wheel build is still in progress......Now I know that with the Magnesium wheels I will need to drop more weight. Thus, I will need the Clavicula SE crankset and a lighter Saddle/seatpost combo to make up the difference.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Insane!! Congratulations.

ardi69gain

by ardi69gain

Great build

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

McGilli

by McGilli

Money CAN buy happiness!!!!! Great project and dedication....

My wallet is staring at me angrily as I smile at this thread ;)

xena
Banned

by xena

F%%%%%% brilliant. Sorry for the swearing.
Love it. :thumbup:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Beautiful work! I'm glad it turned out as well as it did.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

mythical

by mythical

Stylish bike and a great weight achievement, especially since its goal was met! :thumbup: Will this bike still get some sort of chain guide? It looks like the chain might drop rather easily during riding, which would be a shame.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

NiFTY

by NiFTY

This could have turned out terribly. This is fantastic.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRZeer

by BRZeer

Du Ma that bike is lite!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk