:shock: Very nice weight there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Got back from NAHBS and threw a few new parts on this thing. It's right at 5.14 kg so nothing crazy light yet but it's got a ton of heavy stuff on it. Going to start with this as the base and work down. There is 100 grams to save in skewers alone for example.

Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Thanks for exhibiting at NAHBS and chatting with me. Not only is your unpainted frame weigh-in at a mere 600g, I think you said that your integrated stem/Schmolke bar was ~160g all said and done. Probably a small thing for someone of your mfg'ing caliber, but I was also impressed with your integrated seatpost/saddle. Please keep this thread alive as your build evolves.

Wishing you nothing but success with Cryptic and Schmolke.
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jasonh

by jasonh

Nice bike. Especially that pale blue which works with purple. I'd like to see a touch more blue (from the logo) with logo matched cables and black tape--or--Logo matched blue tape with saddle pads of the same pale blue---however unlikely you are to cover a Berk. Love it

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Johnny thanks so much for the compliments! It was great talking to you at the show!

Jason I would like to add more color in the future. I just pieced this together with the parts that I had. The seat and post I actually built myself. It's a crude prototype with obvious influence from Berk. He's developed a great thing with the whole seat/post combo and I wanted to try it out! Thanks for the kind words.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Loads of heavy stuff on it, really? Where? Looks fairly sveltish to me other than the cables, housing and bar tape

godzuki26

by godzuki26

You have some very nice parts on this bike. It looks too nice to change. I like the Ritchey fork. Is it a Scott Addict fork or a Ritchey WCS fork? I think it looks awesome on this frame. I like them more than the Enve forks. Actually it looks better than the THM Scapula fork too. Are you thinking about swapping the fork to save some more grams?
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Ok so weight savings to be had would be-
tires- 50 grams between the two tires and still staying very rideable.
Wheels- I think these are around 1185 grams- 285 to save here with my low profile set up
skewers- Dura-ace right now. With my light ones it will save 103 grams right there
cable housing- I will keep steel cables but the housing is very heavy- Im guessing 25 grams at least with I-links
Bottle cage- 10 gram savings with light one
random bolts on the build that are still steel-5-10 grams
seat collar- probably 5-10 here to be saved again
bar tape- 20 to be saved at least.
shifter hoods and further group tuning could be an easy 40 grams.
new handlebar/stem combo will save 30 grams or so.

That is a 525 gram savings to be conservative bringing the total to 4.61 kg or 10.16 lbs Not sure when all this will get done but for sure over the next few months. I also have some really light stuff planned that will save an easy 2-300 grams off this total.

Godzuki- I agree about the look. I actually really like it with the Mavics on there. The fork is off a scott addict and it really does flow with the frame look. The fork is 285 grams where it is cut so It is hard to spend $800-1000 on a THM to save 20-30 grams at best.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

edit....accidental post

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Looks really nice this bike :)

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Gullholm

by Gullholm

One of the most beautiful road bikes I've ever seen. And the proportions of the seat post/seat-combo are just perfect looking.

Always eager for updates in this thread, so please keep them coming.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Hey thanks so much for the kind words! Much more to come on this one

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbaillie

by jbaillie

The mega-light project bikes often irk me as they look like things no sane person would ever ride.

This one, though, looks like it begs to be ridden. Bravo, that is exceptional.