Bianchi Oltre XR2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BlueberryCake

by BlueberryCake

Hello everyone, after 3 and a 1/2 years of riding my Tarmac SL3 I was itching for a new ride. :P

The Tarmac was already a great bike. The Bianchi does not settle for less, it is just as stiff, but a tad more compliant on the front end with subtle aero touches to the frame. Having rode it for the past couple of months, it's a fantastic ride. Won't be upgrading in a long time... Hmm, maybe just the wheels, eyeing the Campy Boras.

So here's my Bianchi Oltre XR2. (Don't mind the differences in bottle cage colour, the black one was a gift from my friend so it has followed me through 2 bikes since it holds sentimental value for me)

Bianchi Oltre XR2 53cm (2016)
3T ARX II Team Stealth (110mm)
3T Ergonova Team Stealth (420mm)
Selle Italia SLR Superflow Saddle
Ultegra 6800 Groupset/Pedals
Campagnolo Zonda Wheelset
Continental GP4000 SII Tires

Not exactly a weenie at 7.4kg. :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Beautiful bike. I've been thinking about maybe getting the cheaper XR1. I just love the frame and have read great stuff.

:beerchug:

By the way, your frame is my size so if you'd like me to take care of it for you for a while, I can send you my address...

BlueberryCake

by BlueberryCake

Thanks! :D

Look no further, go for it! Initially I was contemplating other brands because I was thinking I could save a little bit of spare cash for wheels, but I went for it and never regretted the decision since then. It's a great bike!

Cheers..

timjerome

by timjerome

Looks great, beautiful background as well. Where is that?

jeffsavans

by jeffsavans

Looks good.One day I'll have the xr2. The Boras would really make the bike. Is that the Superflow Saddle? That's what I have on my xr1 right now as I broke the carbon rails of my Kit Carbonio saddle

superdx

by superdx

Wow 7.4kg. Maybe it's the wheels?

junchen

by junchen

Background should be keppel bay / sentosa island, Singapore..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

mrgray

by mrgray

this beautiful bike just messaged me. it is demanding better wheels! specifically

second hand i am seeing these going for a (relative) song. please!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

BlueberryCake

by BlueberryCake

@TimJerome, thanks! junchen is right, the photos were taken at Sentosa, an island off the Southern Coast of Singapore :D

BlueberryCake

by BlueberryCake

jeffsavans wrote:Looks good.One day I'll have the xr2. The Boras would really make the bike. Is that the Superflow Saddle? That's what I have on my xr1 right now as I broke the carbon rails of my Kit Carbonio saddle

Maybe if you wait a little longer there might be a XR3? The XR2 has been around for a few years now.. Who knows? :P

And yes, its the Superflow SLR Saddle in 143mm width. How do you like it? I've been through 3 of it now, the first having cracked at the rails and one in the middle of the shell where it is quite thin so I guess it's quite prone to that.

BlueberryCake

by BlueberryCake

superdx wrote:Wow 7.4kg. Maybe it's the wheels?

Yeah it was 7.4kg spot on with cages/pedals. Definitely has the potential to go lower with a swap of wheels.

BlueberryCake

by BlueberryCake

mrgray wrote:this beautiful bike just messaged me. it is demanding better wheels! specifically

second hand i am seeing these going for a (relative) song. please!

Still saving up for new wheels. Slowly, but not so soon I guess..

Anyway, nice C60 you have there. Cheers! :beerchug:

jekyll man

by jekyll man

:thumbup:

Looks great, and the test rides i took on 1 were brill.
The more I see of them, the more they grow on me. That much so, I've ordered one for myself (xr1 though, pm wouldnt swap over), but I've still got another 5 or 6 weeks before it arrives- special order in the colour I've gone for :-?
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffsavans

by jeffsavans

BlueberryCake wrote:
jeffsavans wrote:Looks good.One day I'll have the xr2. The Boras would really make the bike. Is that the Superflow Saddle? That's what I have on my xr1 right now as I broke the carbon rails of my Kit Carbonio saddle

Maybe if you wait a little longer there might be a XR3? The XR2 has been around for a few years now.. Who knows? :P

And yes, its the Superflow SLR Saddle in 143mm width. How do you like it? I've been through 3 of it now, the first having cracked at the rails and one in the middle of the shell where it is quite thin so I guess it's quite prone to that.

Haha. Yeah I'm sure there will be an updated model by the time I have the money to buy one. Possibly an Oltre CV? I don't like the saddle as much on the Oltre. It was really comfortable for me on a more relaxed geometry frame but not so much on the racy Oltre. Should have my new SLR Ti saddle in tomorrow.