2016 Scott Foil 10 ------------------> 2012 Scott Foil 40

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prebsy

by prebsy

8kg as shown
ImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Last edited by prebsy on Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Nice! I've always liked Scott's and love seeing aero bikes built "super aero" with appropriate wheels, cockpit etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Close to perfection.. Beautiful bike.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Really great bike! I have a Scott Foil 2012 and i'm not sure if It's worth to get the new one. Your scott is a 54 right?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

prebsy

by prebsy

Yup, I actually had the old foil last year. The bikes are very comparable but this one is WAY more comfortable.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Okay thanks! Did you bought the frameset or the whole bike? I like to know if it easy to install

prebsy

by prebsy

got the frameset new off of ebay. The build was not difficult so much as finicky. There are a lot of annoying pieces to the bike like the headset, stock stem, seatpost binder and the mounting the direct mount brakes. That being said I built it in my dimly lit basement with not much more than a set of allen keys and a homemade bb press. I wouldn't avoid the frameset because of the installation I just won't expect to finish it in an afternoon.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Why is the headset a pain in the a..? I need a size 56 but they don't like as nice as the 54...

prebsy

by prebsy

JasperGr wrote:Why is the headset a pain in the a..? I need a size 56 but they don't like as nice as the 54...

The shaped bearing cover and stem + stem cover are just annoying to work with and you can't have any excess steerer tube on top. For that reason I'm running the giant stem with the top bearing exposed until I can find a suitable normal bearing cover

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I'm surprised this was already showing up on eBay as new. From a Scott dealer?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

looks great in person! seenu at carl dolan! grats on the result!

prebsy

by prebsy

Thanks felt great in the first race. Took it out with training wheels today, turns out my training wheels aren't too stiff, rear was rubbing on high torque climbing punchies Image

San Marco

by San Marco

I've just got the Di2 Foil 10 not had a chance to ride it yet. I've sized down from a Medium Addict to a Small 2016 Foil simply because of the big headtube, although it's a bit of an illusion with everything 'covered in". I need to fit a longer inner/outer brake cable after fitting a longer stem, this at the moment is stumping and I just keep looking at it the moment and wonder how am I going to get that cable down the downtube and through the bottom bracket?

They certainly a lot better look in the flesh and strikes me as being very well finished.

Delorre

by Delorre

San Marco wrote:I've just got the Di2 Foil 10 not had a chance to ride it yet. I've sized down from a Medium Addict to a Small 2016 Foil simply because of the big headtube, although it's a bit of an illusion with everything 'covered in".

According to the geo charts, reach and stack are identical between Addict and Foil. Tall head tube is pure illusion. I hope for you you won't be left with a spacer tower going to "small". The new Foil only looks good without spacers. Spacers makes the front end look even taller...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

@San marco, I ran a piece of housing from the exit, in front of the bb, to the port at the top of the down tube. It is was easy to pull out of the large port, I used that as a guide to run the cable through. The head tube definitely feels a bit high but the bike is really a 55 not a 54.