Introduction, Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 Team

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

majklnajt

by majklnajt

CanyonFan.... sadlle height + pic after the adjustment? ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

FrankG wrote:
CanyonFan wrote:Hi everyone,

Been hanging around for some time now so I guess it's time to introduce myself! My name is Jon and I am a Brit residing in HK. I ride a Large Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 Team. Manufacturer's weight claim 6.7kg.
Ordered it in Jan and arrived in mid March. Completely standard right now. Looking for a gopro mount for the Canyon Garmin mount if anyone knows which part fits.
/quote]

Wow, your lucky my size L 9.0 Team is hitting the scales at around 7.4kg, the only difference I can see is that I have 2 Canyon bottle cages fitted and a specialized chicane saddle! I find the CXR's heavy. Going to cut my stem and seat post to see if I can get her weight down :P

Lovely bike by the way, just as a matter of interest do you suffer from the same problem I am with the wheels, the CXR blades create a rubbing sound at the road contact point, as one of my cycling buddies pointed out yesterday its like cycling in a hot country where there are crickets in the grass!!! It sounds like brake pads are rubbing of the rim but they're not, its the friction caused between the blades and tyre on the rear wheel only where most of my weight is positioned.

I bought a scale from CRC, just waiting for an opportunity to get round to weighing it. Will post the result.
Thank you so much for mentioning the rubbing noise, yes I do suffer from the same problem and it has been driving me bananas!
Have you tried taking the blades off to verify that is what is causing it?

@ majklnajt - sorry I will sort this when I ride next.

Thanks for the mount suggestion guys, going to try to DIY a generic gopro mount that I grabbed for cheap off Amazon.
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 Team (L)
Dura Ace DI2
Mavic CXR Ultimate 60 Clinchers
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit
Elite custom race matte black bottle cages

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

Ok Just checked, saddle height is 80cm and weight is 7.59kg using Park tool digital scale. Additions since stock are:
- dura ace pedals
- 2xElite bottle cages
- Canyon Garmin mount
- a bell
Dura Ace DI2
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Thank you! :thumbup:

An updated picture wouod be nice ;)

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

majklnajt wrote:Thank you! :thumbup:

An updated picture wouod be nice ;)

Sorry could not get a decent picture in right now but here you go:
Dura Ace DI2
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

ryanw wrote:
CanyonFan wrote:Looking for a gopro mount for the Canyon Garmin mount if anyone knows which part fits.

Not sure if it'll help (think you have aero bars, but this is a great combi-mount from Garmin: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-cycling- ... edge-virb/

Just looked at a picture of this and it seems that I can take the virb mount underneath it depending on how it is attached to the mount, would anyone have a picture of underneath the mount?
Dura Ace DI2
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

CanyonFan wrote:
ryanw wrote:
CanyonFan wrote:Looking for a gopro mount for the Canyon Garmin mount if anyone knows which part fits.

Not sure if it'll help (think you have aero bars, but this is a great combi-mount from Garmin: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-cycling- ... edge-virb/

Just looked at a picture of this and it seems that I can take the virb mount underneath it depending on how it is attached to the mount, would anyone have a picture of underneath the mount?

Here's mine with my GoPro attached (same mounting as the VIRB):

SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

@ryanw - thanks for the pic is that a barfly?
Can you do me another favour as I want to see directly underneath how the gopro mount is mounted as I need to see whether it fits my mount which looks like this:
Dura Ace DI2
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I'll have to wait till I get home.

Essentially it's a round mount that screws on to the bottom of the Garmin out front mount (but comes as one unit).
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

FrankG

by FrankG

I bought a scale from CRC, just waiting for an opportunity to get round to weighing it. Will post the result.
Thank you so much for mentioning the rubbing noise, yes I do suffer from the same problem and it has been driving me bananas!

I did ride it without the blades and the noise disappeared! I contacted Canyon who in turn contacted Mavic, Mavic are sending me a set of blades so I can swap them out to see if that eliminates the noise. I am going to try a different tyre (specialized S-Works) with the current blades to see if that will work. To me it looks like the reflective material on the side-wall of the Mavic tyres is causing the friction which creates the noise! I'll let you know how it goes.
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

FrankG wrote:I bought a scale from CRC, just waiting for an opportunity to get round to weighing it. Will post the result.

I did ride it without the blades and the noise disappeared! I contacted Canyon who in turn contacted Mavic, Mavic are sending me a set of blades so I can swap them out to see if that eliminates the noise. I am going to try a different tyre (specialized S-Works) with the current blades to see if that will work. To me it looks like the reflective material on the side-wall of the Mavic tyres is causing the friction which creates the noise! I'll let you know how it goes.

Well at least its classified as an annoyance instead of a mechanical issue. Please keep me updated on the new blades.
Dura Ace DI2
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

Finally found a second hand mount and took the bottom gopro mount to fit onto the Canyon Garmin mount.
Much tidier solution and handlebar is completely clutter free now.
Dura Ace DI2
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit

wop

by wop

Love the frame, love the groupset, but personally I would change the wheels (I did since I own an aeroad myself ^^).

I like the gopro mount, what brand is it?

CanyonFan

by CanyonFan

wop wrote:Love the frame, love the groupset, but personally I would change the wheels (I did since I own an aeroad myself ^^).

What wheels would you recommend?

The gopro mount is taken off a second hand TB frame from:
https://world.taobao.com/item/523377336 ... jg5lkka259
Dura Ace DI2
Canyon H11 Aerocockpit

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wop

by wop

CanyonFan wrote:
wop wrote:Love the frame, love the groupset, but personally I would change the wheels (I did since I own an aeroad myself ^^).

What wheels would you recommend?

The gopro mount is taken off a second hand TB frame from:
https://world.taobao.com/item/523377336 ... jg5lkka259

I ride zipp 303 with a 45mm rim depth. The 45mm rim depth works perfect for me. The wheels are aerodynamic, light, not to deep for riding in crosswinds. I even ride them in mountains with long descends.

But there are even better wheels than the zipps. The mavics however are not very light, not the most aerodynamic and sensitive for crosswinds (cause of the V shape instead of U shape all modern wheels have).

ENVE, Roval, HED, Reynolds, FFWD, all good wheels.