Xena / Ray J gUru

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xena
Banned

by xena

Someone asked me to post it here so here you go.

Bar stem combo by my friend Ed. Downtube shifter on the head tube fitted by Ed
Seatpost/combo ISP again done by Ed also all the cable guides put on by Ed.
Tuned Sram red. My own made up hoods
SiSL 2 cranks, wheels MFC ceramic angled BB, fibre lyte carbon chairings 53/40 t
recon cassette 11/27 yban chain both gold.
AX orion brakes . [ the carbon layup on these brakes looks different to the orions on my trek]
powercordz on brakes and front mech . My self made brake clamps and tuned pad holders [4grms]
Headset is minimal bearings put together by my friend Tony at Bike and Run [ London] slammed no dust cover. Wheels are stans AC hubs rev spokes 1182 grms [ yawn]
smud b cage 4grms
exostar pedals
Red front mech tuned and carbon cage fitted by myself [ wooppppppi dooo aint I clever ]

I do have tune skewers on it now but not in the photo.

Frame weighed 740grms 860/70 grms with the ISP attached . Forks are Enve 1 and weigh 232 grms

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: img tags removed. pic to big.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

The first all out WW build on here in a while. Love it
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Nice!!!
Yours AX Orions are 12k layup?
What you use as bartape?
Anddd.... Total weight? [emoji3]

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

donald

by donald

A very nice looking bike and build. I really like all the weight weenie stuff.

JensK

by JensK

What's the final weight? And I really like the tuning you have done to it! Any chance of getting some detail shots?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Needs more photos, Ray! :thumbup:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

+1 on more pics!

xena
Banned

by xena

Hi WW's.

I have never really felt part of this community. I feel I contributed and came up with a few first's but never got any real feedback or response. I think my humour was misunderstood and I received more than my fair share of abuse and even a unjust permanent ban when I posted as artray responding to the abuse/comments aimed at me "first"

I feel I have always been honest and open but obviously the response to my efforts since being on this site, I feel have been poor compared to posters who have in no way contributed more than me. My WW trek got barely 2 pages yet another poster got 4 pages because he sanded a screw down.

I hope you enjoy my Guru it was a lot of hard work and also enjoy the massive ball buster that is my trek .
Why have I posted this, because that's how I feel right now and its good for the soul and I have
never been one to shy away from how I feel take it or leave it.
I will eventually set up my own web page for both my bikes and any up and coming projects once I have done some more work to my Trek in the coming months.
Truth is that there are just to many haters. I should be excited about posting Guru and showing the WW community my bikes but I just feel let down.
Ray J
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

RyanH

by RyanH

Hi Ray J,

What gets viewed and commented on seems to come down to two things: how popular is your frame (e.g. Tarmacs and Evo's get a ton of views) and how well do you develop the story of the build. For the former, I mean, there's a Tarmac on the first page that weighs 6.3kg and has 35K views. That's not even light! For the latter, that's where the "art of the build" comes in. Look at jvanv8's threads, he's a master at it. You document everything and build a story around it, it's a lot of work. The Trek Y foil was a good example too.

Sedluk, as an example, has posted quite a few beautiful builds on here with well executed final build photos but the entire build is contained in the first post and his builds rarely go above 2 pages. Or, you can always post your build with your saddle too low or too far forward/back. That'll get your count up. Kidding.

Anyway, I think it's hard for us to fully appreciate what you've done, and want to engage in dialog when we just see the final result. That's just my 2c.
Last edited by RyanH on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BmanX

by BmanX

More pictures for sure and the more you post of the specialty parts the more replies you will get.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

bencolem

by bencolem

Nice. What's the all-up weight?

craciunptr

by craciunptr

I think your WW advice is usually really good ! I actually had to google your name and guru and ww on google to find your build. I think it would help if you would link back to it in your signature. Also final weight would be awesome to see too :D

PS: love your extreme tuning skills

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

@xena you talk about not getting enough love but i think @ryanh said it, some approaches tend to get alot of responses and interest and some others not so much. i tried to emulate the story tellers a bit (or say calnago's clean and precise builds) but found it was an enormous amount of effort to document a build in the way that does seem to pique interest around here. i would start with good intention and then suddenly the bike would be built and i'd have one photo of a greasy chain stay or something. not entertaining. at least you've actually got a bike that weighs very little.

also i don't know if you noticed but but it seems your efforts have been. noticed that is. there is a posting under discussion forum from a lady you apparently impressed with your bike and big chain riding style! a dream come true to have ones WW efforts so noticed. guys in here talk about having black bikes so that when they get a new one the better half is none the wiser. my partner only seems to notice anything is up via empty cardboard boxes. she wouldn't even know how many bikes i have i think. let alone if i had some sweet carbon chain ring or was in the big dawg!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D