The Cannibal - Merckx Team SC

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

brianwchan wrote:Some new pics... wouldn't be San Francisco without the piles of garbage in the background...

Looks GREAT, I love the Orange / Black theme, kind of what I was going for with my Red / Black Master.

I few changes if you like ...

- Remove logos on seat post, stem and fork
- Change to a Black seat post clamp
- Level bottom of handlebars
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Regarding the logos, I've got blackout decals for the fork, will probably do that this weekend. I actually like the 3T logo on the stem, it looks a bit retro. Although I could probably rub off the red trim on the stem. Not sure how I would remove the Fizik logo on the seatpost... in any case it's just there for training.

The Tune red seatpost collar will probably stay, it is a fair bit lighter than the stock Merckx black one - one concession for the WW crowd.

Lastly the positioning of the bars are a bit of a compromise, I wanted them flat on the bottom but the fitter thought otherwise. The idea is as I get more flexible I can probably rotate them downwards. I think for my next build, I'll probably choose a more modern shape anyways. Also my next build probably won't be a road bike.

Durisic

by Durisic

Merckx Team SC! looks good! :thumbup:

heathcliff

by heathcliff

Lovely bike, jealous of that 1 1/8 steerer enabling you to stick an Enve fork on there ! I've got the original 2001 model with the 1" carbon steerer , will never sell .

GJMadone069

by GJMadone069

Wow, absolute fan! :thumbup: