Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
 Post subject: Re: The Stable
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:00 pm 

Whole thread... Wow.. just wow.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:00 pm 

Post subject: The Stable
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:55 am 

Quick updated photo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incoming
English | Field

Ex's:
Factor | Field | Baum | Stinner | F10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm 

That's just obscene! Beyond words! :shock:

Corima Puma
Giant MCR 2 (retired)
Trek Y Glide Deluxe MTB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:11 am 

FAR OUT!!! I can't stop looking at the stable and thinking how much it would have cost to build all those. Brilliant. WOW sums it up perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:21 am 

Well as with all things - I will be consolidating soon.

The Mosaic vs The Baum
(Baum has 2 forks & 2 stems - both factory painted - 1 fork is uncut and unused.)

The Stinner vs The Speedvagen
(both ride differently though - but the nagging has begun!)

The Argonaut vs The Feskta (not that soon)

Incoming
English | Field

Ex's:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:59 am 

So nice

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:00 am 

Bely wrote:
Well as with all things - I will be consolidating soon.

The Mosaic vs The Baum
(Baum has 2 forks & 2 stems - both factory painted - 1 fork is uncut and unused.)

The Stinner vs The Speedvagen
(both ride differently though - but the nagging has begun!)

The Argonaut vs The Feskta (not that soon)

I am in consolidation mode as well. After a while it is hard to ride all of them and becomes frustrating almost :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:11 pm 

This is a huge first world problem that very few of us can ever help you with, given the rarity of these bikes!

Fuji SL 1.1 http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=140134&hilit=Fuji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:51 pm 

This thread will kill me. I just looked at it after having forgotten about it, and while barely having done 1000km with my new bike, I started thinking if I made a mistake not going custom. Paying close to 5K€ for an Ultegra equipped bike with crap wheels. While I really like my Cervelo S5, the next will likely be a custom frame. Hard to choose from whom though...

@Bely Is there a difference in the quality of the paint finish, and overall finish on the frames? Which one would be your choice out of the metal bikes, if you still wanted to have a crack at your personal bests on climbs?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:20 pm 

When you go into consolidation mode, you can participate in my bike addiction therapy thread in the main forum. We're here for you man.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:53 pm 

Wow - OK, first I gotta say - that is about as awesome of a stable as anyone has ever seen and I thought the C60 and SpeedVagen were all that.

Second - a statement and a question. I don't know how you do it. So how do you do it? I have 2 road bikes - a ti firefly and a Colnago C59 - they are setup identical as much as possible. Same group sets (i.e., Campy Record), Same cockpit (i.e. Deda zero 100) same pedals (time expresso), Same saddle (i.e., Regale). Just as important their geo is the same.

I transition from one to the other and it takes me a ride or 2 or even a week to make the transition. The nago has standard Campy cranks with a threaded BB - the firefly has press fit with dale SiSL2 cranks - I can tell the difference in q factor immediately. My shoes (sidi ergo) almost have to mold the cleat back to the Q factor. I have been thinking of using a backup pair of 5.5 Sidi shoes and assigning them to one bike or the other, but still . . . . . .

That one small variable means I gotta 'get used' to the bike. You have bikes with different cockpits, saddles, cranks and group sets. Any bike you sell I am sure is well taken care of, though not sure you should have gotten rid of the C60.

In the end, I don't know how you do it, but color me jealous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:51 am 

Hi @Ronderman - I kind of know what you are talking about BUT am certainly not that specific to the point of noticing Q factors. However, getting use to the bike and all is really part of the "fun". I do find myself gravitating towards certain bikes for an "easier" ride - STINNER with Ambrosio rims for eg.

Hi @Sacke - they all have different finishing quality if I were to rank them in terms of paint quality and finish

1) Field
2) Stinner & Baum
3) Argonaut (arrived with a few chips in the clear coat)
4) Speedvagen (sloppy paint work)

If you want a bike for climbing I would guess the Argonaut, but however I am surprisingly taken by The Factor One to be honest.

Incoming
English | Field

Ex's:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:27 pm 

The thing that "killed me" about my stable of custom bikes is that my F8 beats all of them in almost every way :shock: This was almost disappointing to find out but if I want to be honest with myself this is what it is :!:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:31 pm 

@lionelb - honestly I used to swear by pinarellos - had the prince SL, mag Dogma, dogma 60.1, it was the dogma 65.1 that turned me into custom really... I remember just blindly upgraded as usual and was disappointed greatly by it!

I haven't tried the f8 Long term enough but maybe the 65.1 just scarred me! Also for colnagos I had the C40, C50, EXtreme Power, EPs C59 then the C60 and again I preferred the predecessor. That was when I started on this crazy project!

Incoming
English | Field

Ex's:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:24 pm 

Yep. Since the F8 I have now sold my C50 as well as 2 other custom bikes. I am left with the below in France + my Ti Spectrum in the US but ride the F8 the most by a lot.... This thing rocks. Not that the others are bad, they are great bikes too.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:24 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next