Granted that you've ridden a slew of bikes, can you give us some feedback over which ones you liked best and which ones were quickly moved to the recycling bin?
1) I am a MAMIL far far away from being a PRO
2) I love ALL bicycles, Giants, Speshes, Fat Bikes, MTBs, Cross bikes, Cruises...you get the picture...
3) if a bikes goes out my bike brothel, doesn't mean it was a bad ride. It could mean a few things
A) it wasn't as great of a ride it was HYPED
out to be
B) took it out for a ride and dang there were another 100 more just like it floating around
C) it was purchased just to support the LBS and also to satisfy my curiosity (test rides like test drives don't last very long so i like to put some miles besides that afternoon on the bike)
D) it lost out in the never ending quest to look for the "best" in its material. For eg. Baum Vs Mosaic (I kept the Mosaic - doesn't mean the Baum was crap, just meant that i preferred the Mosaic)
E) the wife issued a decree and i had to make a choice!
Steel : Speedvagen Vs Stinner Vs Field
I do love the ride of Speedvagen. To be fair to Field & Stinner (major seller remorse for the Field)
the Speedvagen (steel with CARBON seatmast) still manages to capture the feel of a race bike while being plush. The Field and Stinner were awesome (build process way better than Speedvagen) but maybe just were a little sluggish. I would say 70% of the blame lies with me though when building the bikes.
Titanium : Mosaic Vs Baum
Mosaic was a stiffer more responsive ride. Baum won on "looks" though....
"Stock" rides : Factor One Vs Pinarello F10 Vs Madone 9.0 Vs Wilier Ramato
1) Factor One - Got bored (it seemed to be my "go to" bike and i was riding it each and everytime - simply trashing the bike)
2) Pinarello F10 - was too common of a sight on the road, felt like I was part of the lead out train and not Cippo
3) Trek Madone 9.0 - wanted to satisfy my curiosity, and was pleasantly surprised
4) Wilier Ramato Cento10Air - loved the paint (having it finally built this week)
How do I decide which to ride - how I feel.
Disclaimer: I run daily, approximately 14-20km (depending on time available). Love the torture of Half-marathons/marathons, so:
1) If its going to be a longish recovery sort ride probably take out the Mosaic or Speedvagen
2) If its going to be a "I will try and drop everyone i spot on the road" or "Leave it on the road" sort of ride probably the Madone 9.0 or whatever "Stock" bike there is just abuse and smash...
3) If I don't feel like blending in over the weekends, well doesn't take a rocket scientist......
4) if I am lazy....whichever bike doesn't need to have her wheels inflated etc...brakes adjusted from the last ride
Honestly this is how it goes...
1) Daily weekday mornings 8 of out 10 times - option 2 (up at 0430-0445h, out the door at 0500h, smash it out back by 0700 to make/have breakfast with the boys before they head off to school and me to work by 0830h)
2) Saturday AM - recovery rides (I do a long 20km run usually during Friday Lunch) probably the Mosaic/Speedvagen and now Pegoretti
3) Sunday AM - one of the more BLING rides...