BELY'S BIKE BARN

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

benzebub

by benzebub

the big question is: how do you get these past your wife?? :lol:

or is this one of those "my only fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell the bikes for the price I told her they cost me" :twisted:
But I could be wrong

Bely

by Bely

@benzebub - my Wife is pretty cool about the hobbies I have adopted bar TWO! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rosuch

by rosuch

Please keep adding to your stable. Whenever I want to N+1, I just show my wife (the boss) your collection and that usually makes it easier on me.

Beautiful bikes by the way!

Bely wrote:@benzebub - my Wife is pretty cool about the hobbies I have adopted bar TWO! :)

mrfish

by mrfish

I like the thread.

In contrast to magazine reviewers who ride a bunch of stock bikes and then align their laterally stiff comments with the vertically compliant advertising budget after having taken the bike for a spin around the park, there are few people who spend $ to make a long-term and reasonably objective comparison of this type of bike, making the discussion valuable.

I also like how the comments confirm some of my own prejudices:
- You should buy a bike at least 50% because you like the paint
- modern carbon bikes are really good, particularly the ones where the design has evolved
- bikes really only evolve every 5 to 10 years, so if you bought a C40 in 2000ish, there would be no real benefit to buying something else until 2005.
- there is little point to drilium as weight matters little. Time is better spent training and resting or becoming an aeroweenie
- people who ride very little can still be obsessive about bikes and there is nothing wrong with this.

Bely

by Bely

Current

Incoming

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Looks nice Bely!

Radiokopf

by Radiokopf

[emoji108]the fork is the only thing I would change...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Leroni

by Leroni

the branding on the fork is to keep the attention from the orange warning sticker in the front mech.

rekhyt

by rekhyt

Any news on your Festka project?

Bely

by Bely

Festka is in her paint stages.

Current

Incoming

bura

by bura

Nice stable. Like all of the bikes. Just my two cents about fizik bar tape. If you have a black or dark color bar tape with white edges and these are visible from the side view, it just doesn't look good and needs to be "upgraded" ,means colored before mounting it. (F10 photo)
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

asiantrick

by asiantrick

bura wrote:Nice stable. Like all of the bikes. Just my two cents about fizik bar tape. If you have a black or dark color bar tape with white edges and these are visible from the side view, it just doesn't look good and needs to be "upgraded" ,means colored before mounting it. (F10 photo)

ain't nobody got time for that :!:

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Can't wait to see the Festka!!

caballero

by caballero

bura wrote:Nice stable. Like all of the bikes. Just my two cents about fizik bar tape. If you have a black or dark color bar tape with white edges and these are visible from the side view, it just doesn't look good and needs to be "upgraded" ,means colored before mounting it. (F10 photo)

That'll go away very quickly if you guys actually *ride* your bikes, not just look at them !

bura

by bura

Not sure if it does caballero. When you are keen with nice bar tape wrapping,proper tape end fixing with electrical tape and may be tens of other details when building bikes up on this level...then we do care about bar tape edges. Well,we do ride them,too and keep them cleaner than the car(s) we own.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com