Evo Nano 2015 - new pics

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

defride

by defride

Really didn't need this

I've only had my Evo Hi-Mod a few months and have really enjoyed riding it, as the reviews suggest it's a great jack of all trades. 56 is fine but having bought it I'm confident I'd have been okay on a 54 also.

And then a dealer popped a Nano up included an SISL2 with both size Spiderings at a price hard to ignore, just what I need with a big hilly event in the near future. Was debating on buying an SISL2 for the Hi-Mod in any case.

Couldn't resist, now waiting for a few more tools to arrive before hopefully begining the build next week.

On to important stuff...

Fork uncut - 309g (Hi-Mod 325g)

Frame in 54 inc hardware - 749g - ex hardware - 703g (bottle bolts/mech hanger/cable guides/seatclamp/frame protector) (will weigh the Hi-Mod and update when stripped)

There is one discernible difference so far. If I squeeze the Hi-Mod top tube at any point vertically between thumb and forefinger there is a little give, it depresses very slightly. It doesn't on the Nano
Last edited by defride on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Wow! Please do a comparison on Weight. How much does the Hi-Mod currently weight as it is built up as well?

tlmsal

by tlmsal

Woah.....

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Love mine, bet you'll love yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

defride

by defride

That looks great, plenty of good hills for it near you!

dereksmalls wrote:Wow! Please do a comparison on Weight. How much does the Hi-Mod currently weight as it is built up as well?

Current Evo comes in at about 6.2kg on the road you can take a look here -

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=136312

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Awesome!! My favourite frame ever. If you fancy selling your 53/39 spidering let me know!!!

defride

by defride

burglarboycie wrote:Awesome!! My favourite frame ever. If you fancy selling your 53/39 spidering let me know!!!

Cheers Boycie, just swapping it out for 'The Fred'

jeffy

by jeffy

subscrbing to this thread. a hi mod (at discount) is on my want list for the future.

defride

by defride

dereksmalls wrote:Wow! Please do a comparison on Weight. How much does the Hi-Mod currently weight as it is built up as well?

Stripped the Hi-Mod today, 56 Team colour frame inc hardware came in at 846g on my scale

jeffy

by jeffy

so probably 80g difference in 54 between hi mod nano and hi mod

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Dude, you could ride a setback seatpost ;)
I would build it with all black sadlle and stem....

ultyguy wrote:Image
Love mine, bet you'll love yours!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Ha! Yes, have already swapped to all black stem and due to a bit of a refit last summer, saddle was moved about 1.5cm further forward and higher.

BmanX

by BmanX

Can't wait to see this built up.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

defride

by defride

Gives a better idea of the finish in the flesh.

5.946kg (13.1 lbs) as pictured, pleased it's come in under 6kg. Fork cut to 210mm inc crown race was 285g

Finished off putting it together this morning then out for a spin. It's not finished, I borrowed a 120mm Ritchey stem to help decide whether to go laid back post or longer stem and need to tidy cable ends and put some new bar tape on. Pretty well there though.

Out on the road - awesome! better than expected.

To an extent I thought this was going to be a bit of a vanity build, the Hi-Mod was great... Wow though, this thing just feels fast, if I'd had to guess at a difference I'd have said it may be a little stiffer at the expense of a little harshness in the ride. Not a bit of it, it floats over rough surfaces even better than the Hi-Mod and that's saying something because that's one of that bikes great strengths.

I gave it push up the first hill of consequence, like I said it just feels fast, the slightest effort seems to produce forward motion instantly like the bikes an extension of your legs. Boom - KOM! Real surprise as I don't feel like I'm in that sort of form right now, it's cold out and to top it off I'm on the tail end of a head cold. The hills didn't feel as tough today and I went around a good bit quicker than I've been averaging recently for what seemed no more effort.

Only first impressions of course but this bike really encourages digging a little deeper and rewards with speed and comfort.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Superb build! All the proportions are perfect and under 6kg is a nice bonus.
Congrats on the KOM too! Haha.