2015 BMC SLR02 48cm 6.3kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Update #4:

Switched out bars, rings, and rims finally came in. I think this will be it for a long while. Geo is sorta funky so maybe I'll be putting my name in a build queue for a steel frame... Or maybe an Allez Sprint cause those are lookin' hot.

Update #3:

Uhhh..... I saved 25% of the cost of the build by switching to this setup so I did it. Wheels are temporary while rims come in from Light Bicycle (lacing U35 clinchers up to Roval hubs).

Update #2:

I've always wanted to have a custom painted frame and now I have it. Got the saddle recovered by recoveredcycling.com, got white bar tape to match, replaced the tubbies with Bora One 35 clinchers (Dark Label of course). It gained a hell of a lot of weight, but whatever, I think its pretty.

Update #1:

So I went through the 6870 already, I was fine with keeping it until I stumbled upon a Super Record group for a price I couldn't pass up. So I'm back with Campy! I swapped some other small stuff out.

Original post:

Yadda yadda, dudemanppl gets a new bike. It has gumwalls and is slammed, end of story. Works fantastically as is, but I might be trading another forum member for 6870, then getting EE brakes to try and offset the weight difference, and MAYBE a 7900 SRM just for bling, but they're super damn heavy.

Last edited by dudemanppl on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

winner winner chicken dinner, love it!

sychen

by sychen

Very nice... Been looking at 48cm bmc slr as it seems to fit me.. For reference do you mind sharing the saddle to bb measurement? From the photo you look a taller fellow than myself with the massive drop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Best looking BMC I've seen yet!! Gumwalls look great on it.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

sychen wrote:For reference do you mind sharing the saddle to bb measurement?

I'm 5'6"/168cm. Saddle height is 703mm. Saddle tip to bar center is 534mm with the 130mm stem which is shorter than I'm used to. I may have to get a 140mm to fit on this I do feel cramped on it sometimes.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Very nice! How have you tuned the shifters etc? I wish my SLR01 had a round seat tube so I could fit a different seat post instead of the BMC one, but oh well. Fantastic build

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

u had a bmc before?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

dereksmalls wrote:Very nice! How have you tuned the shifters etc?

Took the shifter clamps and little bolt from Dura Ace 9000 shifters, saved like 4-5g.

nathanong87 wrote:u had a bmc before?

Yeah I had another SLR02.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

what happened to the colnago frame?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Sold the EP cause the BMC was half the price and twice the bike. But less swag.

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Great looking builds - all of them. How do you compare the ride, balance, etc on the most recent - Waltly, EP, SLR02?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Waltly - HT stiffness was great (cause it was only 80mm lel), but I really think the BB stiffness was lacking, coming from a bunch of carbon bikes before it. The ride of titanium is unparalleled though. The big bumps are gone, very very cool. But I'd rather have stiffness. I designed my own geo and it was pretty standard from that angle so it handled pretty neutrally.

EP - Hated the ride quality, I guess it was stiff enough, better than the Waltly in that regard at least. Only thing it had going for it was the cornering. It cornered well if it was a short descent, but on a long descent it got tiring because you had to focus so much on where your weight is.

BMC - Everyone should buy one. This is my second one and it's exactly as good as I remember it. Best frame I've ever had. So stiff, yet so compliant.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

dudemanppl wrote:Sold the EP cause the BMC was half the price and twice the bike. But less swag.

Ahhh i see.

I do miss my SLR01 from time to time. Is this a custom finished one?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I bought it repaired so I figured I might as well do what I wish with it because its already worthless. It looks REALLY bad from two feet away, but great from 10. When I get bored, I'll go get it repainted by a professional. Your Helium looks so damn good in that minimal gray with white decals I might just steal that...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

Thanks dudeman.. You're 3cm shorter but seat is 3cm higher... Damn my 30.5in Inseam. Short arms and legs. Long torso and giant head

That bike looks fantastic and my lbs just started stocking bmc. I have to look into it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk