Berk Custom Frame -- Matte Army Green -- 5.03 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

congrats on another amazing build Tim ! can't wait to see it on the next ride .
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

audiophilitis wrote: Could certainly have built this 400-500 grams lighter with different wheels, bottle cages, mechanical groupset, etc.. But in my book, 5kg is a happy medium between light and reliable given this is will be ridden in rough/gravel roads, rain, ocean spray, salt, etc.. It's not a fair weather bike.

5kg rain/gravel bike with Lightweight wheels... [emoji33]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brahl

by brahl

I'm a huge fan of this color. Reminds me of a few Colnago C60s I've seen in pictures.
2020 Litespeed T1sl
2016 Specialized S-Works Tarmac (SL5)
2006 Trek Madone SL 5.9

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

LouisN wrote:Ok, my vote for this year :beerchug: !!!

Just WOW !!

Louis :)

thanks...certainly worth the wait!

AZR3 wrote:What's a great looking bike, Berk sure knows how to build 'em. Love the color too, I painted my old mountain bike that same color, just looks bad ass

he does...this frame came out pretty light too at 632 grams (fully stripped)

nismosr wrote:congrats on another amazing build Tim ! can't wait to see it on the next ride .

that will be after the NJ Fondo...i'm skipping this year's event

brahl wrote:I'm a huge fan of this color. Reminds me of a few Colnago C60s I've seen in pictures.

yes...i believe it's the NATO...this one may be just a tad darker

xena
Banned

by xena

audiophilitis wrote:
xena wrote:Great build :thumbup: . Considering the Frame and Fork weight and the highest end components I thought you would be under 5k.
My Guru Frame is heavier [740grms] but my bike is lighter. Obviously its the tuning I have done etc, but I have clinchers on my bike. I really thought this was a under 5k build.
I'm not dissing this build in anyway its super just a bit shocked that it was not nearer the 4k. Its a very classy build and please feel free to send it my way for a North London road test " hammer"
:beerchug:

Could certainly have built this 400-500 grams lighter with different wheels, bottle cages, mechanical groupset, etc.. But in my book, 5kg is a happy medium between light and reliable given this is will be ridden in rough/gravel roads, rain, ocean spray, salt, etc.. It's not a fair weather bike.

Not dissing I any way. its a great build and congrats :thumbup:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

steff

by steff

Very nice !
how many teeth for your fibre lyte chainrings ?

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

xena wrote:
audiophilitis wrote:
xena wrote:Great build :thumbup: . Considering the Frame and Fork weight and the highest end components I thought you would be under 5k.
My Guru Frame is heavier [740grms] but my bike is lighter. Obviously its the tuning I have done etc, but I have clinchers on my bike. I really thought this was a under 5k build.
I'm not dissing this build in anyway its super just a bit shocked that it was not nearer the 4k. Its a very classy build and please feel free to send it my way for a North London road test " hammer"
:beerchug:

Could certainly have built this 400-500 grams lighter with different wheels, bottle cages, mechanical groupset, etc.. But in my book, 5kg is a happy medium between light and reliable given this is will be ridden in rough/gravel roads, rain, ocean spray, salt, etc.. It's not a fair weather bike.

Not dissing I any way. its a great build and congrats :thumbup:

No worries -- all good. Thanks for the compliment!

steff wrote:Very nice !
how many teeth for your fibre lyte chainrings ?

Thanks -- FibreLyte rings are 50/36

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

5.03.. That .04 would be more then I could take.. It needs a small diet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. That fork turned out great.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

So nice to see a curved fork for once...

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Geoff wrote:Ok, that's nice. That fork turned out great.

yes -- i really like the "built-in" compression plug of THM forks.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Simply stunning!! I love the EPS on this too. Not really anywhere you could shave weight without moding parts. Are the bottle cage bolts ti/steel/alu? Could switch to black nylon? Reckon you could save some weight on the bar tape switching to Lizard Skin and get closer to sub 5

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

dereksmalls wrote:Simply stunning!! I love the EPS on this too. Not really anywhere you could shave weight without moding parts. Are the bottle cage bolts ti/steel/alu? Could switch to black nylon? Reckon you could save some weight on the bar tape switching to Lizard Skin and get closer to sub 5

Thanks...i have aluminum bolts on the bottle cages and they barely move the scale. Bar tape is Lightweight -- maybe a few grams saved if I switch to LizardSkin. I have a MCFK FD mounting bracket that I can swap out with the Campy bracket to save about 14 grams...FibreLyte jockey wheel swap would shave a few grams as well...

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

took her out on a climbing ride this morning to see how she handles relatively high speed descends...pretty impressed and definitely confidence inspiring. one thing i noticed though is that this frame is more sensitive to tire pressure. with the cervelo, i will begin noticing a difference in handling and comfort when pressure is increased/decreased by about 8-10 PSI. with the berk, increasing the pressure by about 5 PSI significantly changed handling characteristics. for me (i'm about 70kgs), the sweet spot was about 90/85PSI (R/F).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Beautiful bike...subtle but not flashy...very nice [emoji106]