2014 'Dale Evo Black Inc. WIP

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

petal666

by petal666

godzuki26 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:46 am
Don't use Carbolift!! It is a gooey pile of crap that makes a huge mess. It is weak and will not remove the team colors. Wet sand it or razor it off.
I don't know, it's messy, but if you do a light sand through the clear coat it seems to work well when you keep it warm like you are supposed to.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Sweetbabyj45 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:08 pm

Got this in the mail today! Unfortunately the gold lettering didn't happen for some reason... It's not a big enough deal for me to ship it back to Slovenia. Awesome saddle though, excited to get it all mounted up

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
A year on how are you liking the Lupina? Currently going back and forth between ordering a padded or an unpadded version. Is the unpadded comfortable enough on long rides?

Great build btw :D

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

A year on how are you liking the Lupina? Currently going back and forth between ordering a padded or an unpadded version. Is the unpadded comfortable enough on long rides?

I'm loving the lupina, very comfy even without the padding. It has a good amount of flex so it doesn't feel like a brick under my bum. I don't often (rarely) do more than 75 miles in a day so can't speak directly to that distance or longer but I think if I were to spend that kind of time in the saddle I might want to padded version. Considering it's not a huge weight penalty as well... Anyway, hope that helps a little.

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Sweetbabyj45 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm loving the lupina, very comfy even without the padding. It has a good amount of flex so it doesn't feel like a brick under my bum. I don't often (rarely) do more than 75 miles in a day so can't speak directly to that distance or longer but I think if I were to spend that kind of time in the saddle I might want to padded version. Considering it's not a huge weight penalty as well... Anyway, hope that helps a little.

Thanks! Super helpful to know it' flexy. I'm on an Arione 00 right now, so not exactly a cushy ride anyway. Probably not substantially different.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Got some new stuff and a scale! The first set is the old 30 mm top vs the newer 15 mm one. The second set are the stock 'dale expander and top cap vs the EE cycleworks. Next two are the stock upper headset bearing and the cane Creek aer upper bearing and lastly is the whole setup together.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Edco monoblock 11-28ImageImage

thorerik

by thorerik

Whats your experience with the monoblock? Have heard people mentioned slipping while gearing under pressure.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

That is some nice weight savings! Where did you get the Cane Creek aer upper bearing and new 15mm top from? I would like to do this to my evo as well, thanks.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

@thorerik, I haven't put it on yet (still snow on the roads where I live) so I can't tell you, but I will report back soon, I hope.

@vuong05, it's the "Cane Creek AER upper headset assembly". The top comes with either a 15mm cone or a 5 mm (I think?). I got my from Fairwheel bikes (.com).

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Cane Creek bottom headset bearing (I don't need the crown race due to the integrated crown race of the new fork). I don't have the weight of the stock bottom bearing but in another thread I saw it at 27g. The second picture is the complete headset with compression bolt and top cap which is lighter than the old headset without the lower headset bearing (58g + 27g for the lower bearing).ImageImage

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Finished sanding, finally. I'll apply a thin clear coat (matte) tomorrow hopefully, then cut off some steer tube and hopefully put it all together for the weekend... Now if only the snow would stop.Image

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Just an update... Got the fork finished and installed, the new headset, compression plug etc on, and edco 11-28 cassette in place.

Everything is running smoothly. I've only ridden it around the block but the cassette shift well, not quite as smoothly as the campy and maybe a little louder (as had been noted), but nothing Earth shattering. I haven't noticed any skipping of the gears, so... Cool! Saved a little weight.ImageImage

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

thorerik wrote:Whats your experience with the monoblock? Have heard people mentioned slipping while gearing under pressure.
So I had my first ride with the new cassette yesterday. I went out and did some hills because I didn't have a ton of time. Anyway, I didn't have any slipping under pressure or otherwise with the edco cassette. In fact, it shifted very smoothly (I expected it to be noticeably worse than the super record cassette) and I'm really happy with it. I'll let you know if something changes but, so far so good!

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Finally got the bike outImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

I got some more weights to post. I got a puncture on my last ride which sealant didn't help so I took the opportunity to with my rear wheel. 864-190 (cassette and lockring) equals 674g for the rear wheel (Rolf Prima TDF4SL). Also my rear quick release (kcnc grooved road).
Attachments
IMG_20180508_093812.jpg
IMG_20180508_093754.jpg