2014 'Dale Evo Black Inc. WIP

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Seedster

by Seedster

Very nice ride. Ride it in good health

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

NiFTY wrote:Nice build. But thats probably quite self serving as our evos are very similar. (Even using nonround rings)

Nifty, just looked at your build(s)... Very nice! I appreciate the time you've put into them... You got me thinking about nylon bolts, fibre-lyte and ti cables again... Oh brother! [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

nice. let me know, if you sell frameset! :-))

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Did a little "tuning" to my RD. Far and Near tuning kit, Fibre-Lyte mech plate and pulley wheels. Not sure I love the gold, but I don't hate it, so...Image

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Nice weight!
The new inner plate is upside down; shifting will be better if you flip it right side up.
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

DamonRinard wrote:Nice weight!
The new inner plate is upside down; shifting will be better if you flip it right side up.

Yeah, realized after I took the weight... Too little time, too much rushing.[emoji30] thank you nonetheless!

Last edited by Sweetbabyj45 on Mon May 15, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Sweetbabyj45 wrote:Yeah, realized after I took the weight...

Ah, good you already caught it!
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

I have a new project! I will soon take ownership of a 2016 hi-mod fork in team colors which I will strip and clear coat (I know this isn't a huge project, but I have 4 young boys, so time is valuable and sparse).

My current plan is to sand/wet sand it down to the carbon and then clear coat it, though I've read of people using carbo lift (or the like) with varying results and am open to using it if I can be convinced it's worth while.

I've also read (somewhere here) about using aerospace 303 protectant on naked carbon to protect against UV rays etc. Does anyone know, should that protectant be applied before clear coating?

Admitting my "noob-ness" with projects like this, any advice is welcomed and appreciated. I'll post pictures and weights as things go forward, of course.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Don't use Carbolift!! It is a gooey pile of crap that makes a huge mess. It is weak and will not remove the team colors. Wet sand it or razor it off.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Ha! Got it, thanks for the tip. (Oh, and sorry about that PM earlier, I went back and re-read that the "HM" was painted on and not a decal).

C36

by C36

Sweetbabyj45, saw your post update 30 minutes after I installed my Aican bungarus on my S6 evo2 and need to ask, how did you adjust the housing for the rear brake?
Too short I can't fully turn the bar without damaging the links, long enough it causes an extra friction and the rear brake returns a bit slow... I even thought in an Italian installation with the rear brake on the left side to allow the cable to enter better in the frame...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

C36 wrote:Sweetbabyj45, saw your post update 30 minutes after I installed my Aican bungarus on my S6 evo2 and need to ask, how did you adjust the housing for the rear brake?
Too short I can't fully turn the bar without damaging the links, long enough it causes an extra friction and the rear brake returns a bit slow... I even thought in an Italian installation with the rear brake on the left side to allow the cable to enter better in the frame...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
C36, I wish I could help you but I didn't use the bungarus. The housing is from aican, but is their lightest non-link housing. Sorry Image

by 573

I'm possibly missing it, but I can't see a weight for this bike anywhere in the thread. What does it weigh OP?

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

573 wrote:I'm possibly missing it, but I can't see a weight for this bike anywhere in the thread. What does it weigh OP?
Yeah, that's a good question, because I don't actually know. I'm gonna go with "pretty light"?? I know, I know! Weight weenie sacrilege! Blasphemy! It's not "AX/THM" light (I don't have that kind of funding) but it's respectable (in my humble opinion).

Since you asked, I will be more proactive about getting a bike scale (and gram scale) to become a weight weenie with integrity Image (and numbers).

I'll get back to you soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

I found this on eBay for a good price. The weight (no picture, sorry) is 270g as pictured. The plan is to sand it down, clear coat, chop some of the steerer down and ride it soon. I'll add more as the sanding commences.Image