2014 'Dale Evo Black Inc. WIP

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Hi there, just wanted to get the ball rolling… I Can't post pictures yet but will do ASAP. I have a 52cm 2014 evo black Inc. I'm not sure about all the weights but will include more as possible.
Frame: 2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo Black Inc.
Wheels: Rolf TDF4sl
Skewers: KCNC grooved road 35g (total)
Bottom bracket: hawk racing pf30 91g
Crankset: Cannondale SiSl2 170mm
Chain rings: osymetric 52/38
Chain: KMC x11sl dlc
Pedals: Time iclic Titan 185g
Brakes: ee brakes
Front mech: campagnolo super record
Rear mech: campagnolo super record
Shifters: campagnolo record
Bars: Fizik Cyrano 00 175g
Stem: extralite hyperstem 81g
Seat post: Carbonice Flotte Lotte, 27.2, 240mm - 86g
Seat post clamp: Smud carbon 5g
Saddle: Berk Lupina 150mm 70g
Cables: aican ultralight
Cages: Smud carbon 6g each w/bolts

Cassette: campagnolo super record 11-27 198g

(Sorry about my pictures, my photographer comes this week [emoji6])

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Sweetbabyj45 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:24 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

So long story short, shortly after posting I discovered a crack in my steerer. It's taken me awhile to find another one (4 small children and a business don't help) but I've found myself with two forks.
1. A 3T Rigida LTD which is advertised at 285 grams uncut.
2. An Cannondale evo nano fork which is the original fork that came with the bike (without the crack, obviously). Advertised at 320 grams uncut.
So, which would you choose? I will probably go with the 'dale fork since it matches the matte black with gold lettering etc even with the weight penalty but I'm interested to hear the opinions out there. I was/am considering removing the paint from the 3T fork so it matches the frame more closely. Thanks for your thoughts

Also, the rake on the 3T 46 mm and on the evo nano is 45mm... for what it's worth

Some pictures of the crack.[emoji20]

ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skylark

by Skylark

Those two cracks are at the locations of the top headset bearing. Did you have issues riding with a loose headset? Sometimes the headset can be loose and you are unable to tell.

To me this is looking prolonged usage of the bike with a loose headset.

Very bad C'dale.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Didn't notice a loose headset. The larger crack (upper one) was actually underneath the stem and spacers below... I don't slam my stem (not h-core enough). Probably associated with an encounter I had with a tight turn and road grit/dirt.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

In any event, got my new fork today... Image

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Interesting on the fork. I've got a nano as well and the headset is total rubbish (too weightweenie imho) and has come loose a few times on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Hmm... interesting to hear, I'll have to keep a more watchful eye on it from now on. Thank you!

defride

by defride

Sweetbabyj45 wrote:Hmm... interesting to hear, I'll have to keep a more watchful eye on it from now on. Thank you!

ultyguy wrote:Interesting on the fork. I've got a nano as well and the headset is total rubbish (too weightweenie imho) and has come loose a few times on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've a Nano also and initially had a few problems with the headset coming loose.

Worked out that it was the expander inside the steerer that was loosening and would become looser the more you undid and tightened the headset. Nipped that back up, adjusted the headset and haven't had a problem since.

Worth checking

Great bike, enjoy

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

I installed the headset, expander, etc on the new fork today but I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on it from now on. Thank you for the tips.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

I finally posted some pictures in the opening post... they're not the best but I'll get more up ASAP... finally got everything together.

tk2306

by tk2306

Nice build! Love these frames. Just a heads up your osymetric rings look to be installed incorrectly and are rotated one hole forward. I.e. when your cranks are horizontal the larger flat side of the ring should be vertical. Where as now the flat section would be at aroun 45 degrees. By rotating the ring one hole anti-clockwise you will get them to the intended orientation :thumbup:

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

tk2306 wrote:Nice build! Love these frames. Just a heads up your osymetric rings look to be installed incorrectly and are rotated one hole forward. I.e. when your cranks are horizontal the larger flat side of the ring should be vertical. Where as now the flat section would be at aroun 45 degrees. By rotating the ring one hole anti-clockwise you will get them to the intended orientation :thumbup:

You're right! I feel like an idiot... just excited to get it all together... doh! [emoji37]

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Got my chainring sorted out and went for a ride yesterday. My first time with the ee brakes... what a difference they make on the descents (compared to campy record brakes). Image

Skylark

by Skylark

That's a pretty decent looking DIY Evo.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

A few new parts for the spring

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com