2014 'Dale Evo Black Inc. WIP

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Great looking EVO! Allegedly the designer of the original Scott Addict moved to Cannonade and took his design to the next level with the Super Six EVO. It makes me smile when I see the EVO and think it's the next-gen Addict! Congrats.

With respect to your fork replacement why not stay factory? I vote for the same geometry, rake and therefore handling. [So sorry, I see that's from >6 months ago! How's the story end?]

With respect to SMUD, how long did it take to receive your shipment from the time of order? I'm anxiously awaiting a seat post clamp for him and can barely stand the wait. The wait isn't out of hand, but I'm just asking so I can level set my expectations. I trust you liked their work?!

Please expand on your EE vs Campy comparison. I move from Red to EE years ago and was happy, but didn't think one was much better than the other - a tie really.

I don't see cabling mentioned in your build. What are you using and was it the same brand with both brake sets? I'm preferential to Yokozuna Reaction for shift cables and Aican Bugarus for brake cables.

How's do you look after the matte finish? Just wipe it down?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doyler

by Doyler

Johnny Rad wrote:With respect to SMUD, how long did it take to receive your shipment from the time of order? I'm anxiously awaiting a seat post clamp for him and can barely stand the wait. The wait isn't out of hand, but I'm just asking so I can level set my expectations. I trust you liked their work?!

Took me ages to get my cages from Smud. When I asked weeks later when I could I expect them I was told that he had already shipped them, which he hadn't. I don't rate the cages at all.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Thanks for the compliment, it's been a fun build and a great ride for sure.

In the end, I did go with the stock fork for a number of reasons. The intended geometry being one of them. If I had chosen the 3T fork I would've wanted to take off the clear coat etc to get the matte look of the frame which would've been more work than I had time for at that point.

My Smud order took longer than normal, I think. From my first email to actually getting my stuff was about 6 months, but he went on vacation and then had some health issues. The quality is definitely worth it and I wasn't in a rush so it was all good. But yes, all the pieces are great quality and finish. The bottle cages are sturdier in the hand than expected.

The EE brakes just work better. We have some steep winding hills where I live and I was never confident going into a hairpin with my campy brakes (in fact I got a little road rash while on a decent of never been on before... Should've been more careful since I was unfamiliar with it but I wasn't able to lose enough speed before I got the either). With the EE brakes I get 1.) More effective braking, 2.) Better modulation 3.) less flex in the caliper (which I guess translates to #1 and #2) AND they're lighter, so WIN!

The cables I used are the Aican ultra light housing... I thought about the bungurus but didn't feel comfortable with the beaded systems and didn't want to spend that kind of money with the potential to screw it up. I'm not sure of the actual weight/length of the ultra light housing but it was fairly close to the beaded systems. In any event, I've been happy with the performance and have no complaints.

The matte finish is great, no problem to clean at all.

Last thing I'll add is that I have a Berk Lupina saddle on the way which I'm very excited about. My Antares 00 has a small cut in it and I got the numbies from time to time, so hopefully this saddle helps with that. I also asked if the guys at Berk could use gold paint for the logo (instead of the white) to match the bike scheme which was no problem, customer service is awesome, I dealt with Jure directly. I'll post more pictures when it's all together... Eventually gotta get a weight for the complete bike...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Great looking bike! Looking forward to seeing it with the Berk saddle, should be a nice little finishing touch with the matching lettering.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Got this in the mail today! Unfortunately the gold lettering didn't happen for some reason... It's not a big enough deal for me to ship it back to Slovenia. Awesome saddle though, excited to get it all mounted up

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Grrr, you pipped me by a lousy 2g on the saddle. LOL!

My new Berk Lupina came in at 72g (132mm width, oval rails and UD).

The extra weight will more than likely help me descend just that much faster than you.

So I've got that going me me. Which is nice. Watch out!

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Johnny Rad wrote:Grrr, you pipped me by a lousy 2g on the saddle. LOL!

My new Berk Lupina came in at 72g (132mm width, oval rails and UD).

The extra weight will more than likely help me descend just that much faster than you.

So I've got that going me me. Which is nice. Watch out!

Ha! Funny, I got the 150mm with round rails. Awesome product though. I guess I'll have to start working on my descents.

m66

by m66

Did you weigh the new fork after cutting? That seems a pretty long steerer!

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

m66 wrote:Did you weigh the new fork after cutting? That seems a pretty long steerer!

No, too anxious to get it all together after being without a fork for awhile.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Glad to see it's still in service, great ride, love mine! I've ridden some nice bikes yet I always come back to it as reference.

I ended up getting a standard SS Evo headset and doing away with the light one that came w/ the nano and it's been totally stable and worry free since.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

ultyguy wrote:Glad to see it's still in service, great ride, love mine! I've ridden some nice bikes yet I always come back to it as reference.

I ended up getting a standard SS Evo headset and doing away with the light one that came w/ the nano and it's been totally stable and worry free since.

Loving mine as well. I do check my headset regularly now as I've been warned about them coming loose on occasion. I was reading in another thread where an extralite ultraTop was used (with the ultraStar) on an Evo which got me thinking... But, "if it's not broke, don't fix it", so I'll probably stick with what's working for me for now.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Just an update... Got an extralite hyperstem, Berk Lupina saddle. I think I'm finished for awhile. I got to put some miles in today... All butter![emoji3] Image

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Nice build. But thats probably quite self serving as our evos are very similar. (Even using nonround rings)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Beauty.

Fizik Cyrano bar looks nice and deep, but it's "just" 135mm. Looks deeper in your pic.

What do you make of the nose down saddle tilt?

The EE bits and Cannondale font are match matchy in a very subtle, good way.
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetbabyj45

by Sweetbabyj45

Johnny Rad wrote:Beauty.

What do you make of the nose down saddle tilt?

You know, it didn't feel like it looks. I.e. I wasn't sliding forward or didn't feel like I had to move back all the time. My intention was to get a more aero position and the anterior tilt would hopefully help tilt my pelvis forward. The position felt fine, no pain at all so I'll probably stick with it if I don't notice a problem... It's just when I look at the picture it appears too aggressive... [emoji54]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com