2015 CAAD10 Black Inc Disc build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

locktopus

by locktopus

The Fizik seat post is pretty. Nice bike.

sancho3000

by sancho3000

Very nice build!

Would it be possible to attach mudguards?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

I'd like to know that too?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Lincs

by Lincs

Hi,
Whilst there are no provisions for mudguard mounts front or rear on this frame there is enough room to get something aftermarket in there, certainly with 25mm rubber on.
CAAD10 Black Inc Disc
Roubaix Pro Disc Race
Haibike Greed RC 29r
Stumpy FSR 29r

tlmsal

by tlmsal

Beautiful bike. The disc look is starting to grow on me.

medders

by medders

Hi Lincs - build looks great, I'm just building mine up - with 6870 Ultegra and the same brakeset.
Can I ask - do you have any problems with the rear brake cable rubbing on the crank spindle?
Ive just installed an SRAM BB with wheels manufacturing shims and when I install the crank
the rear hydraulic line must be touching the spindle, as I have to move it up or down to
get the crank on.....

Did you notice this and if so did you do anything to avoid rubbing?

Lincs

by Lincs

Hi medders,

I was asked a similar question earlier, see below. I didn't want any shims for the exact reason you describe so the options were the Praxis 30/24 which I tried (see below ) in the end I went for the Rotor 30/24 version, because it's a sleeve it's fixed with the crank spindle inside it so solves any issues with rubbing on the spindle as you are having

"I originally bought the Praxis 30-24 but found that it does not allow room around the sleeve for Di2 wiring or the rear brake hose. could have dremmelled it I guess but in the end fitted a Rotor 30-24 this has a slimmer sleeve which allowed the Di2 and the rear brake hose to pass over/under the sleeve, happy with the result."
CAAD10 Black Inc Disc
Roubaix Pro Disc Race
Haibike Greed RC 29r
Stumpy FSR 29r

medders

by medders

Thanks Lincs - I had read that and taken your advice. My question was more that - when I put my finger in the BB shell, the rear brake hose naturally sits in the middle (right where the spindle goes) - When I feed the crank spindle through, the brake cable is in the way. I can push the cable up or down to get the spindle through the BB, but obviously the rear brake cable will then sit on, or under the crank spindle (and touch it)
I'm a little concerned that the crank spindle rotating against the brake cable will wear it over time!
Did you do anything to attach the cable to the frame inside the bb shell so it wouldn't touch the crank spindle?

Thanks again

Medders

iamalex

by iamalex

You can zip tie the cable hosing to the cable guide - there are two small slots through that and the BB shell.

medders

by medders

Thanks Iamalex - I'll give it a go tonight.
Can't wait to get it built....just need to get some wheels Now :)

Medders

Lincs

by Lincs

medders wrote:Thanks Lincs - I had read that and taken your advice. My question was more that - when I put my finger in the BB shell, the rear brake hose naturally sits in the middle (right where the spindle goes) - When I feed the crank spindle through, the brake cable is in the way. I can push the cable up or down to get the spindle through the BB, but obviously the rear brake cable will then sit on, or under the crank spindle (and touch it)
I'm a little concerned that the crank spindle rotating against the brake cable will wear it over time!
Did you do anything to attach the cable to the frame inside the bb shell so it wouldn't touch the crank spindle?

Thanks again

Medders

Hi medders, sorry if its not clear but with the version from Rotor the brake hose / Di2 cables are outside (either over/under) the sleeve so there is no rotating spindle to rub on them as this is inside the sleeve, see link below for Rotor 30/24 version. (remember mine is for 24mm Shimano cranks)

http://rotorbike.com/products/road/versions/bb30_41 BB 4224 (BB 30 T0 24)
http://rotorbike.com/media/products/pro ... 875760.pdf
Last edited by Lincs on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CAAD10 Black Inc Disc
Roubaix Pro Disc Race
Haibike Greed RC 29r
Stumpy FSR 29r

medders

by medders

Thanks again Lincs - I'll invest in one of those if I can't suitably isolate the cables from the crank. I'm also running Shimano, but I've got Ultegra 6870.

cheers

Medders

jeffy

by jeffy

would the Rotor 30-24 work with BB30A?

medders

by medders

As an update for anyone else contemplating this build....cable tie through the bottom of the bb shell is not sufficient to get the hydraulic cable flat enough so that a Shimon crank can fit (with BB30 and wheels manufacturing shim) without a small amount of rub.

I've ordered the Rotor BB30-24 converter as recommended :)

cheers

Medders

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

^ what i don't understand is wouldn't a 30mm spindle rub MORE than a 24mm?