2015 CAAD10 Black Inc Disc build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

medders

by medders

Hi Jeffy,

It would, but the Rotor is effectively a sheath that the 24mm spindle sits in. The sheath keeps the cables flat at the bottom of the shell. The BB30 + shims doesn't cover the Shimano spindle at all, and the cable naturally sits in the middle of the BB shell and rubs on the unprotected spindle. This is only the case for the hydraulic cable - di2 cabling can be tied to the bottom of the shell using a cable tie.

cheers

Medders

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

surprising that they wouldn't account for rub with their own cranks.

DOUG

by DOUG

Hi Lincs (or anyone else with the same frame) i recently purchased a CAAD10 Black inc Disc and was wondering how you routed the rear brake cable? Mine is too long and is rattling around inside the frame so i was going to shorten it but noticed there is no cable guide in the frame for the brake cable. Is this the same on yours? If so did you need to do anything special to stop the cable from rattling like crazy?

Lincs

by Lincs

Hi Doug,
From your question it wold read as though you are routing a mechanical disc cable? I didn't have any issues with the hydraulic pipe for the rear disc brake, I used new pipe and cut it to the length required, it's so rigid it didn't cause any issues other than the routing around the bottom bracket as described earlier in my post. You could put some mini cable ties on it at 8-12" intervals or those c shaped Di2 wiring ties that I used on the Di2 cables and that should do the trick.
CAAD10 Black Inc Disc
Roubaix Pro Disc Race
Haibike Greed RC 29r
Stumpy FSR 29r

DOUG

by DOUG

Thanks for the advice. It is a hydraulic disc brake (SRAM Red22) but i think that the brake line is too long which might be the reason for the rattling inside the frame, i really should get around to shortening it! I have managed to stop most of the rattling by pulling the cable tight and wedging some small pieces of rubber in the cable guide to hold it in place, its not perfect but does stop most of the rattling. After doing some reading i have found a few people with similar issues and they have wrapped the cable in something soft like velcro. The cable tie trick was also a common solution so maybe ill try that first.

superdx

by superdx

Any weights? That's an amazing bike. Disc brakes must really be nice on rainy days and steep descents.