New Trek Superfly 9, 2015. All ready for its first race.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

Hello every body, I'd like to introduce you all to my new Trek Superfly 9, 2015. After the initial problems, incorrect tire and fork pressure. I can now safely say, that its a dream of a bike to ride. I had initally planed to buy a light weight fs. But they were just to expensive, so I decided to buy a light weight-ish ht. I haven't yet had time yet to weigh the bike. But its quite light, modifications to be carried out? New smaller chain ring, might go for one of the absoluteblack oval rings. Should save over 120gr, as there is no spider. Not to sure about what after that, any recomendations?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ghastly

by Ghastly

I can be wrong, but those tires look pretty heavy, do you really need them? Is it that muddy around where you live?
New set of wheels is always an improvement, but most of the time expensive also...

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

In my opinion,you should cgange crankset for sram x01 and put there spiderless sram chainring,that helps you drop a lot of weight.

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

They are quite heavy, here is the spec off Treks web site. BONTRAGER XR4 TEAM ISSUE TLR MTB TIRE 432447 27.5" x 2.35 120 tpi 62a/60a Aramid TLR/Clincher Black 780g. Its not muddy at all. But its very rocky, and a lot of tree roots.

Benno

by Benno

Beautiful bike, congrats. I agree play around with different tires. Go for the minimum amount of tread you need but stay with higher volume (2.2 or more). That will make the biggest difference by far.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

It currently has the SRAM X1 1400 X-Sync crank set. I'm looking to change the chainring to a absolutblack oval one pice spiderless. So that should save over 120gr, compared the the std one?