NeilPryde Bura SL / SR11 (6.32kg and dropping)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Beverly

by Beverly

Updated listing.

Any idea if these are 2015 shifters or are they 2009-2014? Are they compatible with my pre 2015 derailleurs?

The cages seem like they will work fine. Potential to be a great score. $15 per cage for 23 grams. Logos easily came off with acetone, although it took the clear with it. Not a big deal. Camelbak bottles are a little tight, Purist bottles fit great. They are plastic, not carbon.

ImageImage

ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

anquetil

by anquetil

Shifter look like 2015 and its not compatible with you 2014 R&F deraileur.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Look like 2015. Peel back the hoods to be sure. There's a little sticker with the model number. (EP##-SR)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beverly

by Beverly

Wow, they are 2015. At the price I got them, I figured they would have been older.

I think I know the answer, but you guys know Campagnolo better than I do (obviously). Do I sell the shifters or derailleurs and replace with age appropriate?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Sell the mechs. It's not like the new ones will look out of place and the front shifting in particular is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anquetil

by anquetil

Yes, buy 2015 deraileurs, much, much better than previous version.

Beverly

by Beverly

New derailleurs it is. After reviewing the ad, the shifters were suppose to be the older style. Oh well!

Beverly

by Beverly

Found an incredible score on craigslist. Reynolds Attack (2014) clincher rims, Tune Mig70/Mag170, Sapim CX Ray 20/24. They have about 15 miles on them. All for less than the cost of one Enve 2.2 rim. 8)

Minus the Rox rim tape (3.5g per), they are 1,168 grams. Stoked on this price/weight ratio I have going so far.

Xpedo Thrust 8 ti pedals. 4 grams over claimed. Although going through old issues of Paved magazine, the Xpedo ads vary on weight claims.

Beverly

by Beverly

Rubber came in.

Found the tires for 60% off, just in time for Spring! I'm a big fan of the green. They will come off June 19th for something black or tan.

Both tubes came in same weight.

SR15 front came in as well. Exact weight as my pre '15.

What is the lightest classic bend bar available? 3t Rotundo LTD?

Beverly

by Beverly

Pads in. Reynolds Cyro-Blue Power.

Ran into something that I was afraid would happen. Old brakes with modern wide rims, zero room. Time to find new brakes.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Look for a set of Campy brakes... I have a set of Campy Super Record ones sitting on muh broken down Speedvagen.....
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

Beverly

by Beverly

Those would work well. Hmm..

The final '15 part to arrive. Actually 8 grams more than the older version.

Beverly

by Beverly

Thanks to a local WW for the new brakes. First time I've handled them in person, very cool works of engineering. 172 grams total with titanium nuts.

Zero Gs are 1 gram lighter with steel mounting nuts. But useless with wide modern rims. Already ordered identical Reynolds brake pads in Shimano/SRAM style. The Zero Gs took Campagnolo style.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Just file the old Campy pads to fit in to the EE pad holders. I did it to mine pretty easily. Brakes from Ryan I see? My 40cm Rotundo LTDs came in at 172.7g if that's any help.

Beverly

by Beverly

Adding some more items, listing on post 1 updated. I went with the Rotor cranks because I didn't want to be stuck on Campagnolo BCD. Waiting on Enduro Torqtite bottom bracket. Hoping a thread together style PF30 will reduce chance of noise. Enduro looks like the only one to produce one built for Rotor 3D+ spindle. Easy to find them for Shimano/SRAM/Campagnolo. Then just have to decide on brake cables and chainring bolts. Should be finished after that. I'm guessing it'll end up in the 12.5 lbs/5.6 kg range.

Any easy ideas to reduce weight?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com