NeilPryde Bura SL / SR11 (6.32kg and dropping)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Beverly

by Beverly

The bottom bracket was super nice to install. I was initially skeptical of PF30, but the Torqtite system really simplifies it for the home mechanic. Hopefully it will remain solid and noise free. Only downside is having to buy $50 worth of their proprietary wrenches, and it's not a cheap unit itself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beverly

by Beverly

Okay, finally got it together. Still dialing in fit and making minor adjustments to handlebar, so no bar tape or steerer tube cut yet. Excuse the haggard FD cable, forgot to install barrel adjuster at first :x. Also trying out front brake on right hand, mostly for motorcycle continuity. This sort of makes for uglier cable routing. Tune post kept slipping so I swapped for Edge/Fizik combo off my MTB to finish test riding. 6.43 kg as it sits.

Full size links:
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/redsalvo/Bura/_MG_6321_zpso6idkwgg.jpg~original
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/redsalvo/Bura/_MG_6320_zpswo3rjw3c.jpg~original
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/redsalvo/Bura/_MG_6319_zps6kas55zp.jpg~original
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/redsalvo/Bura/_MG_6318_zpsy0pejmj4.jpg~original
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/redsalvo/Bura/_MG_6317_zpscuzliagr.jpg~original
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/redsalvo/Bura/_MG_6316_zpsxq8dbkbd.jpg~original

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Beautiful bike!! Well done on snapping up those brakes!

zirxo

by zirxo

Looks really nice!
I'm thinking about buying a BuraSL. Which size is this?

kgt

by kgt

I am not sure about the green tires either but it looks great!

stormur

by stormur

Tires will wear off, I'm surprised by so short stem ( reach ) and monstrual drop ( saddle to bar level ) ! Or it isn't tuned yet ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Beverly

by Beverly

Correct, not really dialed in yet. Green tires are coming off first day of Summer.

zirxo wrote:Looks really nice!
I'm thinking about buying a BuraSL. Which size is this?

Thanks, it is the XL size. I typically go for 58cm bikes, I think this will work out well.

Hiram

by Hiram

Hot dog!! I'm surprised I haven't run into you yet....I'm just down the way.

Beverly

by Beverly

I've been in Pasadena for four months, but haven't had a bike together until now. See you around..

Kalloy Uno stem time. $25 on eBay, with an additional $16 worth of titanium bolts. Saved 14 grams over the ugly Edge stem.

Stock 110mm x 7 degree.

Bare stem.

With new ti bolts (M5 x 16mm if anyone needs it)

Bike is at 6.34kg (13.97 lbs) right now with the Tune/Merek saddle installed again.

What's next? Lighter bar/seat post and tires maybe.

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Lookin' good! Hit that Kalloy stem with some Acetone and wipe those logos off!

Beverly

by Beverly

For sure, just wanted to get it mounted to find any potential defects before stripping. It really is a great deal on price for the weight.

Beverly

by Beverly

Kalloy stem is now stripped. Also picked up a Hylix seat post from the bay. 156g at 400mm, versus 171g for the Tune, saving of 15g. I'll be able to chop quite a bit off of this.

Not too bad of a total post+saddle weight for about $160 all in.

Looks much better than the blue Tune post as well. The red is a perfect match for the KCNC skewers.

Bike is at 6.32 kg (13.94 lbs)

junchen

by junchen

If I may suggest, red exogram (10 or 11 speed, as long as it's exogram) with stronglight or praxis chainrings (you can easily reuse your praxis. Just need to do some minor fileing to make it fit the hidden 5th bolt of the exogram crank). U can also drop the enduro adapter. Can easily drop 180g-200g.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Bike is looking superb! One of my favourite builds I've seen on here for a while. I'm thinking of picking up a Hylix post for my Supersix (although I will get the layback version) are you happy with the quality of finish etc? They look good in the pics.

Beverly

by Beverly

Thanks!

For the price, I think the post is great. I'd buy it again. Obviously it's not as refined as a $275 Enve post, with a slightly rough edge here or there. The carbon cradle is not an exact flush fit to the alloy post top, maybe 1-2mm gap in the middle. When tightened down, it disappears and is snug. Came in 5 grams over weight, but I'm chopping it down anyways. The black label is low key and appreciated. I could buy four of these for the price of one Enve. I can take some detailed close up photos if you'd like.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com