DSW Allez Gallery.. show us your smartwelds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

livestrong1986

by livestrong1986

cerro wrote:Imageц

My Allez, now sold. Best bike I've had, didn't plan to sell it but I had to get some money to buy a Colnago C40

Barbie bicycle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanW

by DanW

That Allez is so hideous it is beautiful Cerro! :) No point picking a loud colour scheme and not going all in!

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Hoven wrote:Image

This was my race bike 2015 but now also sold. Awesome bike and did my best season ever on it!

Really classy and understated. Nice!

Side note; I just built up a Sprint and will post it here soon. Really like the look so far but haven't pedaled it yet.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SLCBrandon wrote:

Side note; I just built up a Sprint and will post it here soon. Really like the look so far but haven't pedaled it yet.

Anxious to see it. and to hear your thoughts after you pedal it. 1x or 2x?

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

1x. I love the raw aluminum/black scheme.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SLCBrandon wrote:1x. I love the raw aluminum/black scheme.

Nice. I love that look too. I'm actually debating if I should break down my 2015 Allez comp and have the frame stripped down to raw aluminum and then cleared... maybe get some black/red specialized vinyl cut and put on before the clear so the stock fork will still match.

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

@SLCBrandon post that thing up!

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Haha, give me till Monday. Man, I need something better than an iPhone for a camera....

tranzformer

by tranzformer

CrankAddictsRich wrote:Nice. I love that look too. I'm actually debating if I should break down my 2015 Allez comp and have the frame stripped down to raw aluminum and then cleared... maybe get some black/red specialized vinyl cut and put on before the clear so the stock fork will still match.

Once you break down your 2015 Allez, might as well throw it up on eBay and then buy the new Sprint 2x frame while you are at it. At least Specialized finally got it right to do the DSW at the BB and fix that issue in the "gen 2" DSW frame.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

tranzformer wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:Nice. I love that look too. I'm actually debating if I should break down my 2015 Allez comp and have the frame stripped down to raw aluminum and then cleared... maybe get some black/red specialized vinyl cut and put on before the clear so the stock fork will still match.

Once you break down your 2015 Allez, might as well throw it up on eBay and then buy the new Sprint 2x frame while you are at it. At least Specialized finally got it right to do the DSW at the BB and fix that issue in the "gen 2" DSW frame.

hahaha.. I've actually tossed around the idea of taking the DA off my Venge, putting it on my Allez Comp for a general, all around, training/riding bike.. and then putting the 6800 that's on the Allez currently on an Allez Sprint, and thens selling the Venge frame. I just love the Venge too much though. EDIT::: I also don't love the colors of the 2X sprints this year.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

The Power saddle is a mock up at this point. Going to try it again on this bike since what I intend to do with this bike (crit racing) is also what the saddle was similarly designed for. If I like it, I well replace this with the SW version and if not, I'll get another Tune Kom Vorr.

I also need to toss a cage on but left the one I will be using at home.

I'll post a first ride report here in a bit....

Hoven

by Hoven

That is awesome! Now only if they would sell these in Sweden..

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

SLCBrandon wrote:Image

Damn... that thing is gorgeous. If they make this color way in a 2X, I'll be all over it. It reminds me so much of my first bike, and that's a good thing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Thanks. I'm a bit under the weather right now so I didn't really put it through its paces on the first ride but I was surprised by how little harshness I felt after having others say the opposite. That said, I have CLX64's with 26mm tires (that measure out to 28mm on these wheels) at 90psi, so that likely has something to do with it.

Anyway, initial impressions were good, just need to make minor fit adjustments, and then race it this weekend if the weather holds out.