Introducing the ReflectiVENGE....

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

briantumma

by briantumma

That looks rad. Is that factory done or did you do it yourself?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

riochang

by riochang

wow quite impressive

MRM

by MRM

Nifty idea. Looks really different and nice.

Just turn the phone while recording the next time. :wink:

DanW

by DanW

Really, REALLY, nicely done :)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Did you do this yourself? What method/approach? (there's many ways go about this, but only a few can be this successful)

Nice stuff there.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

mile2424

by mile2424

I did it myself. It's not paint, each individual piece is hand cut reflective vinyl. Sorry for the quick video, just wanted to do something quick to show the effect.

MRM

by MRM

Terrific job. Very artistic!

Didn't want to criticize the video. It was a good impulse, since it shows the reflectiveness so much better than the still photos. It's just easy to forget to turn the phone since the phone feels so awkward when you hold it on the side while filming. Best way to avoid the dreaded black side bars though.

Do you feel you are finished? Somehow it seems to me like something is missing either on the wheels or on the seat stays to balance out the busy design that kind of just stops. Maybe there needs to be some element to tie everything together?!

edit: Maybe some of the elements on the front wheel with less on the back wheel, so there is a kind of dynamic that the parts are flying off.
Last edited by MRM on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

briantumma

by briantumma

Even more impressive if hand done - looks really good. I'd dread to think how it'd look if I had a go.
I've got some black 3M tape that's reflective, might look rad for that daytime stealth vibe.

mile2424

by mile2424

MRM wrote:Terrific job. Very artistic!

Didn't want to criticize the video. It was a good impulse, since it shows the reflectiveness so much better than the still photos. It's just easy to forget to turn the phone since the phone feels so awkward when you hold it on the side while filming. Best way to avoid the dreaded black side bars though.

Do you feel you are finished? Somehow it seems to me like something is missing either on the wheels or on the seat stays to balance out the busy design that kind of just stops. Maybe there needs to be some element to tie everything together?!

edit: Maybe some of the elements on the front wheel with less on the back wheel, so there is a kind of dynamic that the parts are flying off.

Not done yet. It's a tedious process. I still need to do the non drive side of the bike, and also need to do around the BB eventually. I have just been doing a little bit at a time for now. I thought about the wheels as well, but we'll see, don't want to it to be too much, but could be cool if you could make some optical illusion or design as the wheels are spinning.

MRM

by MRM

mile2424 wrote:Not done yet. It's a tedious process. I still need to do the non drive side of the bike, and also need to do around the BB eventually. I have just been doing a little bit at a time for now. I thought about the wheels as well, but we'll see, don't want to it to be too much, but could be cool if you could make some optical illusion or design as the wheels are spinning.

I wouldn't do the entire bike. It might become too busy. Leaving a part of the down tube and seat tube blank is a good idea. Maybe restarting on the chain stay where the "specialized" decal is and maybe some light work on the wheels might make it perfection.

Great job!

RyanH

by RyanH

Any advice on cutting vinyl? Are you using sheets/rolls with adhesive backing?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

mile2424

by mile2424

RyanH wrote:Any advice on cutting vinyl? Are you using sheets/rolls with adhesive backing?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Just using scissors, and some sheets of 3M vinyl with an adhesive backing.

sychen

by sychen

Nice work.. Very unique.. Love that look and very safe for night time riding.

But surprised that no one have asked the most important question for this forum.

How much does it weigh???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com