My new 'old' Colnago C60

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

Probably about 200 grams of solid paint.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tids0009

by tids0009

Cranks and derailleurs arrived!! Still have a lot of adjusting to do, seat Is not quite level, post will go down a bit more and stem will be cut. Waiting on bottle cages, chain, speedo and bar tape. Not too much left to do : )

To be honest, I don't think the cranks look that great on it. What does everyone else think?

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Once it's done, it will look great with those cranks. Absolutely gorgeous! Great choice with the tan sidewall

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Agreed. I really like the new 4 arm cranks, particularly because you can put any combination of rings 34/50, 36/52, or std 39/53 without having to have a whole different crank. And it will look great once you start getting it all dressed up.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

MRM

by MRM

Terrific! Colnago simply do have the best paint jobs.

Hans

by Hans

Cranks look great. Probably the best looking C60 I have seen so far!
2016 Colnago C60
2003 Merlin Cielo

PSM

by PSM

The crank looks great. The whole bike looks fantastic. I am a little jelaous. :)

stormur

by stormur

Calnago wrote:Agreed. I really like the new 4 arm cranks, particularly because you can put any combination of rings 34/50, 36/52, or std 39/53 without having to have a whole different crank. And it will look great once you start getting it all dressed up.

Yep, but loking at chainrings prices it's almost cheaper to just buy new crankset ;)

Personally I don't like 4arm . looks so .. Shimano. I still prefer 2014 look. But, it's just me. And Ernesto ;) ( have image with C60 2015 SR and 2014 SR crank :) )
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

stormur wrote:Yep, but loking at chainrings prices it's almost cheaper to just buy new crankset ;)

Personally I don't like 4arm . looks so .. Shimano. I still prefer 2014 look. But, it's just me. And Ernesto ;) ( have image with C60 2015 SR and 2014 SR crank :) )

I'm with you here. Although the 4 arm cranks may be quite useful because of the chainring thing, I still do prefer the more classy look of the older campy cranks, especially on the probably most classy modern frame around, the C60.
The whole setup still looks absolutely gorgeous! I really like Bora 35 wheels on a C60 :thumbup:

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Very nice; this build is going to look fabulous. I too wasn't sure about the new chainset initially but it grows on you and looks better in person than it does in photos. I have them on my M10 and all but one of my C59s now and I wouldn't go back; it's stiffer and it shifts better with the new front mech. Shame about the slight weight gain. The previous version is still beautiful but is starting to look a little dated now IMO.

ross

by ross

<heavy breathing>

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Mockenrue wrote:Very nice; this build is going to look fabulous. I too wasn't sure about the new chainset initially but it grows on you and looks better in person than it does in photos. I have them on my M10 and all but one of my C59s now and I wouldn't go back; it's stiffer and it shifts better with the new front mech. Shame about the slight weight gain. The previous version is still beautiful but is starting to look a little dated now IMO.

There are some things that never will look dated :wink: There are many frames out there that suit the 4 arm cranks perfectly but for a "modern classic / old fashioned" lugged frame I would definitely prefer the 5 arm crank. But as always, just personal taste. I just can't cotton up with that Japanese flavor around that new design :lol:

kgt

by kgt

The 5arm Campagnolo crankset is not more classy just because it is more beautiful (obviously) but also because it is an incarnation of a classic design dating since the mid '80s. The new design is more practical but all that reference is lost.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

This is making want to go Bora 35's over 50's to share between my EP and my RXRS. I thought 50's were the only way but they look like the perfect depth on your C60.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garjo

by garjo

kgt wrote:The 5arm Campagnolo crankset is not more classy just because it is more beautiful (obviously) but also because it is an incarnation of a classic design dating since the mid '80s. The new design is more practical but all that reference is lost.

I'm agree with you: the previous 2014 Super Record Titanium was THE CRANKSET, looking good both on actual carbon framesets than on old steel ones.
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364