My Cipollini NK1K is finally here!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Succisa75

by Succisa75

I posted this over at the Cipollini Club thread, but for those that don't go there and are interested in this bike I thought I would post my first impressions here.

Bike was purchased from Entro Cycles in Singapore.

Here is the build:

NK1K size medium
Wheels: 3T Orbis II T50 LTD
Groupset: Dura Ace 9000 Standard
Pedals: Dura Ace 9000
Cockpit 3T ARX II Team Stealth 110mm, 3T Aernova Team Stealth size 44
Saddle: Fizik Antares 00
Bar tape: Fizik
Overall weight 7.2kg

How is the ride?

First impressions so far: The power transfer and stiffness is similar to the RB1K. The BB seems to be bigger than the RB1K which surprised me.
Geometry is friendlier but still aggressive. I have the integrated 2CM spacer on it currently and I'm not sure I want to go lower as of yet.
As for climbing I had no issues at all. Climbs confidently.
I didn't feel any twitchiness on the front end. Confident and stable.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

that's really nice :) I would go with black bar tape however

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Agree with black tape but that thing is gorgeous :beerchug:

corky

by corky

Rear mech is screaming........please release me, let me go..... #crosschaining

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I'm also on board with black tape but jeeeeeez that thing looks great (and fast!)

ericdassen

by ericdassen

How much does the frame weight?

vlastrada

by vlastrada

awesome bike and nice build....and considerably more human geometry than the RB1K

When you have enough kms would be good to hear comparisons with RB1K and other frames you are familiar with :)

Succisa75

by Succisa75

jbaillie wrote:I'm also on board with black tape but jeeeeeez that thing looks great (and fast!)

Thanks! I was debating going black or orange, but we decided orange for a bolder look because the bike was being showcased at the NK1K launch event in Singapore. Prob on my next tape change I'll try black.

Succisa75

by Succisa75

vlastrada wrote:awesome bike and nice build....and considerably more human geometry than the RB1K

When you have enough kms would be good to hear comparisons with RB1K and other frames you are familiar with :)

Sure thing. My previous bike was a Storck Aernario G1. I have also ridden the Venge and the RB1K briefly prior to the NK1K.

As for the fit I'm still trying to dial it in mainly in the cockpit area. I'm either considering going from a 44 to a 42 on the bars or changing them to the ergonova. The reach on the aernova plus the 110 stem is causing some discomfort.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I like it.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice, but I'd probably opt for black tape as well. The thing that really sticks out to me on an otherwise very nice build is the rats nest of a cabling job up front. If you do decide to redo it, here's what I'd suggest you try if your frame allows it (and I think it does). Allow your rear derailleur cable housing to loop around from exiting the bars and enter the downtube from the left side. Same thing for the front derailleur housing... loop around to the right (drive) side and enter the downtube there. Allow them to cross internally through the frame and providing there isn't any foulup in the BB area, carry on. Provides for much smoother cable run and would look a whole lot better imo. And all of the cables look as though they could be shortened a bit. Just make sure no full range of movement is restricted anywhere.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Dynamo00

by Dynamo00

That's a gorgeous looking bike!

Succisa75

by Succisa75

Calnago wrote:Nice, but I'd probably opt for black tape as well. The thing that really sticks out to me on an otherwise very nice build is the rats nest of a cabling job up front. If you do decide to redo it, here's what I'd suggest you try if your frame allows it (and I think it does). Allow your rear derailleur cable housing to loop around from exiting the bars and enter the downtube from the left side. Same thing for the front derailleur housing... loop around to the right (drive) side and enter the downtube there. Allow them to cross internally through the frame and providing there isn't any foulup in the BB area, carry on. Provides for much smoother cable run and would look a whole lot better imo. And all of the cables look as though they could be shortened a bit. Just make sure no full range of movement is restricted anywhere.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess black tape is the way to go based on the comments :)
I thought the same thing about the cables when I first got the bike. The mechanic at the shop said he wanted me to ride a bit before shortening the cables incase there is some stretching etc.

I'll be taking it in this Friday to be adjusted and to finalise the fit. The geometry while friendlier than the RB1K is more aggressive than my previous Storck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Peterchong

by Peterchong

Succisa75 wrote:
jbaillie wrote:I'm also on board with black tape but jeeeeeez that thing looks great (and fast!)

Thanks! I was debating going black or orange, but we decided orange for a bolder look because the bike was being showcased at the NK1K launch event in Singapore. Prob on my next tape change I'll try black.

Where, when is this event? I am in Singapore too.