My C60 Traditional 53cm - 12 years late (FB page 3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TomColnago

by TomColnago

I'd say the barrel adjuster is necessary because it is really helpful when setting the front derailleur up because you can take the slack out of the cable without having to pull on the cable with a pair of plyers and risking a frayed cable :D I think this is a classy build as it's similar to mine with the rotor crank and the fizik arione but hey I'm biased towards this bike :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MRM

by MRM

Beautiful color choice. It's the second best one after the C60 in purple (pink). That one is like a girl you know full well is trouble, but can't resist anyway!

Calnago had some great points for down the line.

Congrats!

kgt

by kgt

Beautiful frame!
I would just prefer a Campy crankset as well.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Love your bike. Love the traditional geometry. Can't wait to see it all together. I did the same/similar build last week with a Rswh. If I had a choice between 48s or 53 traditional it would be traditional. Just happens that I found a barely used frame from competitive cyclist/backcountry in my size and my color at a very attractive price.

Look565w

by Look565w

chazmtb wrote:Love your bike. Love the traditional geometry. Can't wait to see it all together. I did the same/similar build last week with a Rswh. If I had a choice between 48s or 53 traditional it would be traditional. Just happens that I found a barely used frame from competitive cyclist/backcountry in my size and my color at a very attractive price.

Thanks Chazmtb, despite my love for the traditional geo, your all white C60 over at the "Colnago" section looks the biz' I like it a lot :-)

Cheers

Hastur

by Hastur

ooooh nice. Looking forward to seeing it built up! :-)

corky

by corky

Excuse me.... need some private time......

Look565w

by Look565w

Really sorry for not getting this build sooner, just been busy & parts still not 100% complete since some of you think my Rotor cranks have no place on this frame :mrgreen:

In the mean time, here's an image I took yesterday just to see how the bar & stem compares to my current ride.

Cheers

nismosr

by nismosr

Really Like the shape of the Zipp TB Bar .. if only you're in the US .. i'll be interested on the Rotor crank.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

rossjm11

by rossjm11

BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

zirinpio97

by zirinpio97

Fantastic frame , the Rotor crank is 30 mm axle?

Look565w

by Look565w

zirinpio97 wrote:Fantastic frame , the Rotor crank is 30 mm axle?

Zirinpio, yes my 3D+ Rotor cranks are 30mm axle, why? You interested in taking it off me :-)

Cheers

younggil

by younggil

wow
awesome !!!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Look565w: Is the lettering on that frame silver, or white? I'm thinking silver?
Either way, it's gorgeous.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Look565w

by Look565w

Calnago wrote:@Look565w: Is the lettering on that frame silver, or white? I'm thinking silver?
Either way, it's gorgeous.

Hi Calnago, yes it is indeed silver :-) Thank you & all for the compliments.

I'm currently trying to source an "old" style 5 bolt Record chain set to replace the not very appropriate initial Rotor option (I was thinking the same before you guys mentioned it anyway) for this build. Had a bit of a false hope early this morning, thought I found one but as it turned out they didn't have it in stock anymore.

I also looked at the AX Lightness Pelton alloy cranks, but it does not seem to have a lot of reviews or write ups, so an unknown at the moment. Do you guys have any lead on this? The other problem is it's only available 172.5 or 175mm as options, I need a 170mm.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com