My C60 Traditional 53cm - 12 years late (FB page 3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Look565w

by Look565w

Just got some new "shoes" for my bike (already) - 2016 Campagnolo Bora One 35 tubulars :mrgreen:

A quick photo from last night, apologies for the crappy quality

Lost a few grams from my original Ambrosio Wheels, the Boras are bloody fantastic (despite just 150km on it) wheels, especially for the money I paid for it. It's easily the best full carbon tubs I've had so far!

The lack of nipple holes on the rim bed is brilliant when applying the glue, also the "recessed central channel" also help in setting the tubs when putting it on - It is well designed & thought through :D
The wheels just seems to spin on it's own - without much effort, brilliant!
Actual weight was 1,169g (Front 491 & Rear 678) compare to the CLAIMED 1,215g - amazing & very surprise as they tend to be way off (always heavier than claim) But the skewers are very porky though ........

I've got 25mm Vittorias Corsa CX's (as always) on them, ride quality is sublime. I'm a very happy bunny :D
Even my wife's 9 year old piano student thought it look great - she likes the pink (purple) :mrgreen:

Oh, also changed the stem to a 100mm & added the popular Arundel Mandible carbon cages (Gloss carbon weave)

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Like.....lots

plasticol

by plasticol

Why would you put a Rotor cranks instead of a Campy one?, also your bar should be of carbon fiber not aluminum and I am sorry but the new Colnagos look better in sloping than in traditional geometry.

Look565w

by Look565w

plasticol wrote:Why would you put a Rotor cranks instead of a Campy one?

:?:

plasticol wrote:also your bar should be of carbon fiber not aluminum and

You like carbon bars but I like aluminium bars - cheaper as well :D

plasticol wrote: but the new Colnagos look better in sloping than in traditional geometry.

Thanks Plasticol, but it's all a matter of personal opinion, isn't it!

Cheers

KCookie

by KCookie

Looks great, wheels set it off nicely.
Did you happen to weigh your tyres, I've just got the same and are way over weight, don't know if I'm just unlucky or Vittorias are like that.
Cheers

moonoi

by moonoi

My 56s MHCF frame is due to arrive in the next week or so, and I'm trying to decide which wheelset should go with it. The Bora 35s look really good, was looking at these, Shamal Mille or Vision Metron 40

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

Look565w

by Look565w

Thanks Guys!

KCookie wrote:Looks great, wheels set it off nicely.
Did you happen to weigh your tyres, I've just got the same and are way over weight, don't know if I'm just unlucky or Vittorias are like that.
Cheers

Hi KCookie, my 25mm Vittorias are 271g each, not sure how far off is from the claimed weight. What's the weight on yours?

moonoi wrote:My 56s MHCF frame is due to arrive in the next week or so, and I'm trying to decide which wheelset should go with it. The Bora 35s look really good, was looking at these, Shamal Mille or Vision Metron 40

Nice one Moonoi, please post an image or two of yours when you have her ready :D

My mate has the Shamal Mille, they look fantastic & he is super pleased with it. I was actually thinking about them, but decided to go for the Bora's as the 35 suited my riding needs & I prefer tubulars.
I would say if you want tubular carbon - go for the Bora, but if you prefer clincher, then Shamal (buy new shoes with the saving you make :mrgreen: ) The Bora clincher weights about the same as the Shamal Mille I think.
Sorry, I have no experience of the Vision .........

Cheers

KCookie

by KCookie

Hi KCookie, my 25mm Vittorias are 271g each, not sure how far off is from the claimed weight. What's the weight on yours?

Look565w the claimed weight is 255g mine were 280g & 283g pretty disappointing really.

Look565w

by Look565w

KCookie wrote:Hi KCookie, my 25mm Vittorias are 271g each, not sure how far off is from the claimed weight. What's the weight on yours?

Look565w the claimed weight is 255g mine were 280g & 283g pretty disappointing really.

KCookie, annoying I know, but you might have to get use to the fact that claim weights are ALWAYS off, especially Italian products :shock:
That's why I was so surprise that my Bora's came in almost 50g under the claimed weight!

However, the ride of the 25mm Corsa's are great, you'll soon forget the weight issue, just ride it & enjoy! :D

Cheers

Look565w

by Look565w

P.S - The claimed weight might be for the 23mm version?
If so, then thats exactly how much my other 23mm one weight ....... hope that helps!

micro553

by micro553

Supernice bike!

Whats the BB - Saddle hight?

KCookie

by KCookie

Look565w, I'll wait until my Conti's are due for a change then give them a try I suppose, would be nice for the Italians not to lie. Lol. !!
I'll double check but I'm sure the weight was for the 25mm.
Cheers for the info.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Now that looks amazing!

Look565w

by Look565w

micro553 wrote:Supernice bike!

Whats the BB - Saddle hight?

Hi Micro553, thank you & my BB to saddle height is 705mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

Much better with these wheels!
Almost there... now tilt the handlebar just a liiittle bit more forward so that the angle of the drops matches the stem and the top tube and it'll be perfect!