My C60 Traditional 53cm - 12 years late (FB page 3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

Lovely build. But I personally would like to change cockpit from Zipp to Deda. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

The frame looks amazing! Traditional is so classy.
I would also prefer an italian cockpit.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Beautiful. Don't worry about zipp. It's bob and goes well with a stunning bike.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Came out great, @Look565w, I really love this colorway. As @glam2deaf is implying, the cable ends could use a bit of trimming, if you haven't done so already.

Oh, and something to be watchful of on your first few rides. When using a really shallow profile rim like you have there, the drive side spokes don't get much of an angle from the hub flange to the rim. And with the 11sp setup, the rear derailleur can get very very close to the spokes. I probably have a millimeter or so of clearance when using my Nemesis wheels, and can sometimes actually produce a little "pinging" (from the derailleur actually lightly kissing the spokes) if I really try to power up a steep grade in my lowest gear. So I pay very close to attention to the low limit adjustment with this setup. With a higher profile rim, the angle from the hub flange to the rim is greater and gives a bit more clearance at that critical intersection where the rear derailleur and spokes could potentially meet. You are using quite a light setup with the Crono rims and 28 Revolution spokes. Whereas my "classic" setup is Nemesis rims, 32 DT Comp spokes, 3x both sides. So test it out consciously on your first ride to make sure there's no chance of the derailleur going into the spokes.

All that's left now is to enjoy it. :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TomColnago

by TomColnago

Looks Ace and absolutely stunning build :thumbup: where did you find the extra cable guides from?

Look565w

by Look565w

TomColnago wrote:Looks Ace and absolutely stunning build :thumbup: where did you find the extra cable guides from?

Thanks Tom, do you mean the extra cable housing at the BB area? If so, then like I said I basically just copied "Calnago" solution for his C59.

The plastic cable guide is the original one came with the frame, but I had to file it to make the channel wider to allow the housing to pass-through. The cable housing were sourced from a trip down to my local bike shop, it seems to work (so far) But Calnago also generously sent me some of those special "surgical tubings" that he used on his C59 - that I will use in the future when I have to replace them.
However, Calnago seem to think that on the C60, it's not an issue. I just went ahead and did it just in case.
Hope that helps!

Calnago, thanks for the heads up, know what you mean & will keep an close eye on it.
I probably don't produce enough power to stress the wheel that much anyway :-)

Cheers & thanks to all for the comments!

TomColnago

by TomColnago

Thanks :) I recycled the tube that came with mine to stop rub on the frame. Please calnago tell me where you get these surgical tubes :D

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

kgt wrote:The frame looks amazing! Traditional is so classy.
I would also prefer an italian cockpit.

That's Deda out then, and Fizik, and Cinelli........

Only one I can think of that IS really Italian is WR Compositi.

caballero

by caballero

Would look great with white tape/saddle, gum walls, custom firefly ti stem and post.

caballero

by caballero

Sorry Double post

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@TomColnago: PM sent.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

markyboy

by markyboy

Looks great wong :thumbup: hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

xeladragon

by xeladragon

The Nemesis wheelset mates perfectly with the frameset... congrats!

Look565w

by Look565w

xeladragon wrote:The Nemesis wheelset mates perfectly with the frameset... congrats!

Thanks Xeladragon, but those are Crono rims, even though they do look a lot like the Nemesis ................ easy to get mixed up :wink:

Cheers

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Gorgeous build. And your photos have really given me an appreciation for that colour, which is a nice mix of understated timelessness combined with that classic Colnago panache!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com