My new Bianchi Oltre XR1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

brahl

by brahl

I really like your bike - great color! I usually only see black Oltres.
2020 Litespeed T1sl
2016 Specialized S-Works Tarmac (SL5)
2006 Trek Madone SL 5.9

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffsavans

by jeffsavans

Killy wrote:Looks good, can I ask did you have to adjust the clamp to fit the rails?

Thanks. I did have trouble with the clamp fitting the rails. It was just ever so slightly hard to get the clamp around the rails. I ordered the carbon clamp, but it was for rails that were much more oval than the Selle Italia ones. So I gave the original clamp a try again. While tightening the clamp down they do go around the rails. It was a little scary at first, but the carbon clamp was just to open for the rails on my saddle. Everything worked out great.

Killy

by Killy

Good stuff, I have the black ultegra version and for now have settled for the selle italia flow mag rails, for now. Dura ace crankset looks cool too, is this a simple process of swapping from one to another or is there more in involved?

jeffsavans

by jeffsavans

Killy wrote:Good stuff, I have the black ultegra version and for now have settled for the selle italia flow mag rails, for now. Dura ace crankset looks cool too, is this a simple process of swapping from one to another or is there more in involved?

Swapping to the Dura Ace cranks is very easy as long as you already have Shimano cranks which I'm assuming you have Ultegras. Just unbolt the Ultegras and slide the Dura Ace cranks in and tighten to torque specs. Pretty simple. The Dura Ace cranks are a little lighter and stiffer. The chain shifts a little easier over the two rings as well.

superdx

by superdx

Nice bike! I'm considering an Oltre XR too. If you don't mind sharing, what is your height? Noticed your frame is 55cm

Killy

by Killy

Thanks Jeff, since found a crack on the seatpost, this should be fun and a long wait for a replacement.

jeffsavans

by jeffsavans

superdx wrote:Nice bike! I'm considering an Oltre XR too. If you don't mind sharing, what is your height? Noticed your frame is 55cm

Thanks. I'm just over 5'11"(181cm). Some would say I should be on a 57cm frame, but I like the aggressiveness of the 55cm

jeffsavans

by jeffsavans

Killy wrote:Thanks Jeff, since found a crack on the seatpost, this should be fun and a long wait for a replacement.

Killy, I had my bike on top of the car and caught a low branch hanging down in a neighborhood. Got a new seatpost in just a few days so don't stress. Bianchi has a good warranty department (not that it is needed often)

superdx

by superdx

Thanks! I'm about the same height and the fitting guide says 57cm. You are right about the smaller frame being a lot more aggressive. I guess the 57cm is has a bigger head tube?

jeffsavans

by jeffsavans

superdx wrote:Thanks! I'm about the same height and the fitting guide says 57cm. You are right about the smaller frame being a lot more aggressive. I guess the 57cm is has a bigger head tube?

My suggested size is a 57cm as well. But it depends on what you're wanting to do with the bike. If you're racing it a lot and are pretty flexible, you can go to a smaller frame. The 57cm has a taller headtube and a longer toptube. With the smaller frame I can run a lower stem and make up the reach with longer stem. Just makes the bike more aggressive, lighter, and stiffer. Of course don't over due it. Some pros run bikes 2 even 3 sizes smaller than their "suggested" size. I would not be able to do so as it would hurt my back and make it more uncomfortable to ride which relates to being slower. You have to find the perfect fit for your intentions on the bike.

Killy

by Killy

jeffsavans wrote:
Killy wrote:Thanks Jeff, since found a crack on the seatpost, this should be fun and a long wait for a replacement.

Killy, I had my bike on top of the car and caught a low branch hanging down in a neighborhood. Got a new seatpost in just a few days so don't stress. Bianchi has a good warranty department (not that it is needed often)

£140 and a two week wait I feared worse, comments appreciated Geoff :thumbup:

tlmsal

by tlmsal

Love the looks of this bike. I bet this bike crushes some of those SC roads

superdx

by superdx

jeffsavans wrote:
superdx wrote:Thanks! I'm about the same height and the fitting guide says 57cm. You are right about the smaller frame being a lot more aggressive. I guess the 57cm is has a bigger head tube?

My suggested size is a 57cm as well. But it depends on what you're wanting to do with the bike. If you're racing it a lot and are pretty flexible, you can go to a smaller frame. The 57cm has a taller headtube and a longer toptube. With the smaller frame I can run a lower stem and make up the reach with longer stem. Just makes the bike more aggressive, lighter, and stiffer. Of course don't over due it. Some pros run bikes 2 even 3 sizes smaller than their "suggested" size. I would not be able to do so as it would hurt my back and make it more uncomfortable to ride which relates to being slower. You have to find the perfect fit for your intentions on the bike.

Thanks for your reply, very helpful! I'm glad you found the perfect fit for you.

I don't race but the group rides in my area are pretty intense. Climbing is almost 90% of the rides, maybe that means a slightly larger frame is (maybe?) more stable and better power output as I will spend not any time in the drops.

BlueberryCake

by BlueberryCake

Beautiful Bike! :wink:

zirxo

by zirxo

Love the bike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com