Look 795 light

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well I have it now. There are many design features I like about this bike. Firstly the stem that is flush with the top tube but then there are the details. The stem is adjustable and by flipping it you get a different range of movement. If however I have picked the wrong stem getting a new one will take 6 weeks or more and a lot of coin. I have gone for a 130mm stem

The crank set (ZED3) is a one piece affair with a 65mm diameter crank axle. Bearings are propriety press fit. There is a locking collar on the NDS to preload everything. A simple design and effective. The cranks can take 110mm or 130mm BCD chainrings. The pedal thread inserts can be inserted three ways to give you 170mm 172.5mm or 175mm crank length. Now why are not all cranks made this way?

The seatpost mast insert has elastomers for extra comfort and the clamp can accept monolink or standard saddle rails. There is case with this frameset with a cutting guide for the seat mast a bunch of ferrules, chainring bolts and spacers and Look bar tape. They have installed cable casing from the factory. Look have tested every casing on the market and found Jagwire Road Pro to give the lowest friction. This is the detail I like.

I got a good deal on the light frame so this is why I have gone for it over the aero light.
As I have a pair of Record 11 speed brakes in a box I have got the 2015 Campagnolo Record 11 speed Ergo's and mechs to fit.
Bars will be the Look aero when they arrive.
Wheels will be a set of 23mm wide 38mm deep carbon tubular rims (BORG38 I call them for want of a better name) laced to White Industires T11 hubs 20F/24R with Sapim CX-rays.

I am thinking about running a SRAM 11 speed cassette because these are very light and steel. Chain will be KMC or Campagnolo.

I will use a berk saddle.

Jcgill

by Jcgill

Beautiful bike!

I have always loved the red/yellow/blue looks, but this fluorescent colorway is perfection! Can't wait to see it built up!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

As soon as I get the bars I will build it up.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

YES!

michel2

by michel2

me like congratulations on the frame, it stands out in a very nice way !

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Excellent, that would be my color chose to. :thumbup:

bm0p700f wrote:They have installed cable casing from the factory. Look have tested every casing on the market and found Jagwire Road Pro to give the lowest friction. This is the detail I like.

Well, don't get carried away...:wink:
They use Jagwire simple because, there housing colors are matching perfectly with the colors of the frames they produce.
http://jagwire.com/products/v/road_pro
Sadly, the quality of the CGX,KEB and LEX housing is far from excellent. Lately, I have to replace LEX Shifting Housing on different bikes, due to cracking-splitting ends, after just one sezone.
Housing is just to hard, mauch better choice would be Shimano OT-SP41, but you don't get those pretty-maching colors.
Cabelas on the other hand are OK. You should maybe try new Jagwire Road Inner Wires - Elite Ultra-Slick
http://jagwire.com/products/v/shift_inn ... k_uncoated
Quite expensive, even compared to Shimano Polymer, 17 EUR per cable... :shock:
http://www.bike24.de/1.php?content=8;pr ... ,4,167;mid

Looking just from styling perspective, 38mm on this flat frame would me littly low. From this perspective, 40 c are just too skinny for this frame.
http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/i ... 60-540.jpg
Looking like a guy with big upper body and and skinny legs.
Minimum 50mm is perfect for 795, but if you already have them, there is no other way. 8)

Wish you a nice build and good choice Light over the AeroLight :thumbup:

terrible1

by terrible1

Very cool indeed. Not 100% into these cranksets but in the right build they look superb. By the sounds of your build, it will be one.

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

LOOKing good :thumbup:
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

The Look decal is a little understated, but the whole package looks fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

lrdunc

by lrdunc

So, so nice.

AZR3

by AZR3

TerribleCadence wrote:LOOKing good :thumbup:

I see what you did there and I fully approve and second that!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have only just cottoned on. Man I hope I am quicker on this LOOK than I am at picking up on LOOK puns.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

My bars will be with me next week. I think I am building the bike up next weekend! Maybe I will use it on Sunday 21st if the roads are dry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Bars have turned up. Build will start next week. Berk is doing a leather covered saddle with yellow fluro stitching.
gone for a SRAM Red22 11-26T cassette.

The bars weigh 272g so not light but hey ho plenty of other bits are.