Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Look ADH bars 272g
Record 11 speed 2015 RD 171g
Record 11 speed 2015 FD 76g
Record 11 speed 2015 Ergo's 348g (without cables)
Front wheel Pacenti SL23 (18H) V1 Miche supertype hub, CX-ray SP spokes, Miche Super Type Q/R, IRC Formula Light tubeless tyre 25mm, Stans tape DT, Swiss valve and about 50ml of sealant 1010g
Rear wheel Pacenti SL23 (24H) V1, Miche supertype hub, CX-ray SP spokes, Miche Super Type Q/R, IRC Formula Light tubeless tyre 25mm, SRAM Red 22 11-26T cassette, IRC Formula Light tubeless tyre, Stans tape, DT Swiss valve and about 50ml of sealant 1365g

Photo's coming There is also a carbon tubular wheelset which is a few hundred grams lighter. Just got finish it off today.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timjerome

by timjerome

very very nice!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Have not finished it yet. shop too busy today. Got the gear cables hooked up at least. Next job are the brakes and then measure four times and cut once - the intergrated seat mast!.

The carbon tubbies as was wanting to use where hanging on the shop wall today and someone came in and said I want those.......

Also need to wait for the BERK saddle. Jure is doing the saddle with black leather and fluro yellow stitching. He says he could not do the brand logo in fluro yellow so I will have to see if someone with a delicate hand can paint the logo over in a fluro yellow. It is the little details that make this bike shame not to do all of them.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Did 50 miles on it today and i enjoyed it. It is stable at speed afeels quite stiff and i think it is quicker for the same effort than my other bikes. Shame my garin messed up and did not record the data because i think i had a pb on the two tt courses i did.

muntos

by muntos

This beauty deserves a better pair of wheels :)!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I do have a set of carbon tubulars but i am not using corsa tubs at the moment. There is still too much gravel on the roads. Also those wheels are pretty good at being wheels being 18f 24r on miche supertype hubs. Also on that tour aero bike test the 795 performed worse with deep zipps than with the stock wheels (mavic askiums i think) so increasong depth of the rim may do jack all for performance.

The ride today was perfect so wheels are just fine the way they are but i will try the 38mm deep tubulars i have built for it too.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Wow! Could we get a few stats on that setup. It's kind of hard to tell for me with that headtube arrangement but I'm guessing about an 82cm saddle height with a 10-12cm drop to handlebars? Certainly has that Praying Mantis look. How's it feel?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I'll try to measure everything up tomorrow evening.
BB to saddle height is 795mm. saddle to handle bar drop was set by well that looks right and it is. Rode it for over 2 hours today and lot of that on the drops. The bike is perfect by far the nicest thing I have ever ridden on the road.
The stem is 130mm and this is the most stretched position I have on a road bike and it works (well I setup one of my MTB' like this and I found it worked so I figured why not).

chainrings are French of course 38T/52T TA specialities but I have a 42T I want to try too. the one thing I will say even without cables the bars have quite a limited range of turn compared to most bikes. Once cabled that restriction is a bit more noticable (I tried to avoid having alot of cable showing) but there is enough free movement to allow the turns I make on the road without restriction. It is a race bike not a bike for obsticle courses where the turning circle would be a problem.

The problem for my other bikes is now when will I ride them?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Limited range of motion in the bars? What happens in the event of a crash? Normally the bars would be stopped by the top tube after quite a turnaround but I presume there must be something restricting movement op around the headtube? Would that survive a crash do you think?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

not sure never crashed yet in a race. did it recently into a parked car at night on the TT bike. My face was a mess (nose chopped off nearly and deep cuts in my face and around one eye but it is amazing how little it actually affected me and how quickly injuries like that heal) and the TT bike wrecked (headtube cracked) that had good motion. Without cable the bars did not reach the top tube anyway. It is probably the rubber cover for the stem that cause the "problem" either way I am not worried. Generally in a bad crash I dont worry about the bike I worry about me. A badly crashed bike gets retired in any case (only done it once and I intend to that stat to stay where it is!).

The range of handlebar movement without cables is something I will bring up with the Look rep the next time I see him. If it was a customers bike I would have left a bit more cabling but since this is my bike I will set it up with the least amount of cabling I can get away with. I did not have any problems today manovering so I think it will be a non issue.

First race on it next sunday so lets hope my fitness is up to the standards of the bike -Gulp.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Reviving your thread for a few questions:

1. What rings did you use on the cranks and how smooth are they compared to the Campagnolo rings?

2. Now that you have used the bike for several months, is there anything you'd like to share in terms of the build, reliability, comfort, etc?

3. Do you know how an EPS build vs mechanical would go? I know the Aerolight version comes with the DA rear brake and the front seems to be compatible with Shimano only as well. Also, seems the junction box behind the stem was made for the shimano box, so wonder how trying to use Campagnolo EPS would go on it.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Double post

mrgray

by mrgray

i'm glad this got resurrected as i didn't see it first time thru. love these bikes and very keen to hear as per above poster your thoughts now you've had it a while. any trouble with cranks?
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I'm very interested about the building process with Campy EPS. Saw the videos by look on the wiring of di2 and the mechanical and it seemed like a freaking nightmare!!

I've always hated too many proprietary and one off parts as they always become a huge availability issue the moment they have a problem, and they will! This bike seems to be the mother of all one off!!