GT Carbon Grade - A work in progress

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CBJ

by CBJ

Not your typical bike on here: I bought this bike last year as my commuter but I am in the process of consolidating the bike into my do it all bike. I also have a Roubiax which I plan to sell if I like the Grade for non commuting duties too. Since the picture I have bought Flypedal platforms for commuting that I can stick onto my Look pedals that are now on the bike. I will soon go all 3T Team Stealth cockpit and post. When the roads clear up the plan is to go tubeless with Schwalbe Pro One in 28c and the fenders are not needed either. All this should help make the bike lighter too. Frame is super comfortable and fun to ride on the crappy roads in New York. Not sure about the weight right now but its not super light. GT says my 56cm frame is 965g and 470g fork I will wait and check overall weight once the fenders come off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sleepless

by Sleepless

I love thin seatstays. :thumbup:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Looks pretty good! Interested to see how you like it for an all around ride. I like how more and more folks are noticing that race bikes are a compromise and are more often looking for a bike to open up more options for comfortable riding of varied terrain.

CBJ

by CBJ

You hit it right on the nail for me. Race geo does not fit me and love having a bike I can do all kinds of riding on.

CBJ

by CBJ

Summer setup with more changes. Sorry for the wrong side pictures it was somebody in the office taking pictures. Went DA rear derailleur and down to 11-28 casette, WTB Silverado carbon seat, Ritchey Tom Slick 27c tires, Arundel cages, Time pedals with FlyPedal platforms for the daily commute. Had to change pads a couple of weeks ago so they lasted a little bit more than a year. I think at last weight check it was 18 lbs so not very weight weenie like.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

But such a nice bike at the same time! I simply love this machine.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

CBJ

by CBJ

Thanks Frankie! And I really like the way it rides fast and fun for me a much better bike than my Roubiax was. Truely a do it all bike. I ride it to work every day all year, take of the FlyPedal platform and rip laps in the park and its great off road too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com