Ryan's Ostentatious Fred Sled (Cervelo R5ca) - "Final" pics on pg 15

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

I've been having trouble finding a frameset that had the same romantic notion the Colnago has. So I figured that I'd finally go all in and get a true WW frame. There were some light frames that caught my eye: Fuji SL, Focus Izalco Max and a SuperSix Evo; but, none of those seemed really special, just another frame, albeit light ones. I liked the Focus the most but the geometry was least compatible since I'd need to run something like an XS to get the reach I wanted. I began to give up on trying to find something and figured I'd wait for a used Crumpton (ha!) or something equally awesome to pull up on the BAY. Then I came across this, and it was only a little outside of my racing crash replacement cost threshold rule*. It'll be here next week :lol: :

Stock Image placeholder

So, I need a new seatpost and stem at least. I'll probably also pick up the tune Wasserträger 2.0 cages. I really like the new tune Schwarzes Stuck but I can't seem to find anyone with the 27.2mm in stock (help?). I can get a New Ultimate post again but for some reason R2-bike has the 27.2 at an actual weight of 10g higher than my 31.6 by them. I could get the Mcfk but the UD ones are relatively heavy and I'm not sure about 3k. Would like something that'll be sub 100g after being cut down to around 250mm. Suggestions on post and stem? I plan on racing this, so I'm hesitant about an Mcfk stem since I really want to make sure handling will not be affected at all.

Here's the Tune seatpost:

*Replacement is a bit of a misnomer, since I highly doubt I'm coming across another one of these any time soon.
Last edited by RyanH on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

this is gonna be good.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

I have an Ax Lightness Europa seatpost (zero offset) that weighed in at 92 grams. Mated that with a 68 gram Berk saddle.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

MCFK stems are pretty solid and stiff. You can make it even stiffer by having Berk fuse the bar and stem. There is a used MCFK bar in the classifieds -- perfect for integration. Just a thought.

RyanH

by RyanH

I've been seriously considering doing the mcfk combo with Hero carbon bars. I wish fairwheel did a test of combos before and after. Predator in LA can bond them for me in either a WW fashion or super sprinter fashion. I'll keep that on top of my list.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

loudtiger

by loudtiger

pardon my ignorance, but is that an R5ca? if so, lucky find... i've seen more crumptons than those.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

AX Vial doesn't do it for you?

RyanH

by RyanH

@loudtiger, indeed it is.

@slcbrandon, I know a few people that have them and like them, but something about Ax's history of reliability doesn't make me warm and fuzzy. Plus, I picked this up for much cheaper than a Vial Evo 8)

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Hell. Yes.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

sweeet.. :popcorn:

PSM

by PSM

Money does not seem to be an issue here. :shock: :thumbup:

RyanH

by RyanH

Well, you would be surprised what one of these go for used. Just some food for thought, but my total acquisition costs for the three frames (Litespeed, C59 and R5ca) that I'll have in my possession (temporarily) is still less than one new C59. Nonetheless, times have been good, I am grateful for that.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

PSM

by PSM

Did you trade yor C59?

atonik

by atonik

For the seatpost, you could ask Smud carbon to make you one. At 250mm it will be under 100g (mine was 113g at 300mm) and you could get it as custom as you'd like.

PSM

by PSM

SB post please.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com