Ryan's Ostentatious Fred Sled (Cervelo R5ca) - "Final" pics on pg 15

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

I used the Cervelo direct fit bearings that were already there. The challenge is getting the spacers right. I had to make use of some spare parts. I think the actual THM direct fit BB includes a 0.5 spacer for one side and a larger on for the drive side (like 10.5mm or so).

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Very nice bike. Did you try riding with the 10 speed cassette?
██

RyanH

by RyanH

I did two rides, a short shakedown ride on Friday and an 80 mile ride on Saturday, with the 10s cassette, it worked pretty well. It just needed two clicks for the final cog but other than that, the rest of the gears shifted flawlessly. I put the 11s cassette on it on Saturday though since I do not think it hitting the limit screws is good for the solenoid/motor.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Thats good to know that it works with a 10 speed cassette. Like you said it might not be recommended long term since we don't know if it can damage the motor.
Still its pretty cool.
██

liketoride

by liketoride

How do you like the fit after putting in some miles? Any adjustments made? Comfort? Power?

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Whats the total weight now with etap?
██

RyanH

by RyanH

I'll post final weights a little later now that I have the Berk combo.

@iliketoride. I'm happy with the fit. It's a little more aggressive that what I was fit at, but at 8.5cm of drop, it's not that big compared to others. I've been trying to incorporate a 100 mile training group ride on Saturdays and other than being completely wiped going home, I feel good. No sore spots, no pains. My power, on the other hand, generally sucks lately compared to 2014 but that's not the bike's fault. I can't hit any of my peak power numbers but I'm probably faster overall than I was in 2014. My endurance is a lot better and I can put out a lot stronger efforts at the end of a 60 mile race.

liketoride

by liketoride

Ryan Thank you very much.

RyanH

by RyanH

Sorry for the radio silence, it's been super busy with work. Got my Berk combo last week:

Came in at 158g for 280mm post, padded leather

Yes, set pretty far forward

Nice, supple leather:

Quickie shot:

Berk matched the angle of the saddle perfectly from the pictures provided. I forgot that I had him move the saddle 1cm further forward than what I've been running for the past few weeks (5cm setback vs 4cm). I've done a few rides on it so far, a few 20-30 mile weekday rides and a 60 mile ride on Saturday. The saddle is definitely a lot firmer than the regular saddle. The regular saddle was something special, with a hammock like give to it in the middle. I was concerned going into the weekend that I'd find this uncomfortable, but I didn't notice it at all on Saturday other than the initial mounting.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Sooo... That means the old Berk saddle is for sale? :)

edit: Wow I realized theres no real feasible way to get this thing much lighter barring an insane sum of money. I guess this is finished?

BmanX

by BmanX

What is the finished weight as pictured with the BERK SADDLE?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Looked through the this thread, couldn't find it. What degree stem are you running?

RyanH

by RyanH

@nd2rc, it's a -17 stem.

Finished weight without the k-edge, but complete otherwise including probably a full bottle of stan's in the wheels to combat a slow leak is...drumroll...5,093g.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Very nice weight! :thumbup:
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com