2015 BMC teammachine SLR01 Ultegra Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

My nearly 8yr old Elite Patao's are still going strong! Fwiw, I have tge Time RXR and find their bottle cages rubbish, especially with that rubber bit on the cage.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeBramJames

by LeBramJames

recaro wrote:One question only.

Were there any problems putting on 25mm tires? Because SLR01 models aloud only 23mm tires...

Thanks

No problems at all! I have to say though that the Vittoria Open Corsas are pretty narrow for 25mm, compared to Continental GP4000S2 25mm that are really more like 26-27mm I believe. I also have Veloflex Master 25mm on my climbing wheels (Fulcrum Racing Zero) and they also fit without Any problems.

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

LeBramJames wrote:
recaro wrote:One question only.

Were there any problems putting on 25mm tires? Because SLR01 models aloud only 23mm tires...

Thanks

No problems at all! I have to say though that the Vittoria Open Corsas are pretty narrow for 25mm, compared to Continental GP4000S2 25mm that are really more like 26-27mm I believe. I also have Veloflex Master 25mm on my climbing wheels (Fulcrum Racing Zero) and they also fit without Any problems.

I run Continental GP4000S2 25mm on my 14 SLR01 and have zero issues.

alastairb

by alastairb

LeBramJames wrote:Hi everyone,

This is the first bike I will post on WW, it's a 2015 BMC teammachine SLR01 58cm.
This is my second racebike, I also have a 2014 BMC GranFondo GF02 with Shimano 105 which I will still use to commute to work twice a week (at least that's my goal). Picture from the LBS without bottle cages.

This frame (color: Shark) is originally from the Dura Ace mechanical fitted one, but I asked the shop to install Ultegra Di2 on it. My aim was to have a nice allround bike with Di2 around 7kg.

• Wheelset: Zipp 303 Firecrest
  • Tires: Vittoria Open Corsa SC 25mm
  • Saddle: Fizik Antares R3 Braided
  • Stem: 3T Arx II Team Stealth (110mm)
  • Bar: 3T Ergonova Team Stealth (440mm)
  • Bar Tape: Fizik Endurance Soft Touch (Black)
  • Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon/Ti Axle
  • Bottle Cages: 2 * Time Carbon matte black - 16 grams each (claimed weight 25 grams)
  • Computer: Garmin Edge 1000

Picture from the first ride:

I will take some decent pictures (with the bottle cages) when the weather is nice again.

Weight is 7.345kg (bottle cages not even on it yet). This is about 300 more than I expected. There is another 2015 SLR01 with Ultegra mechanical on here with very similar specs that weighs 6.83kg. Biggest difference seems to be the wheels and maybe mech. instead of Di2, although this file suggests the weight of an Ultegra Di2 group should be almost the same as mechanical.

I'm not sure which inner tubes were installed by the shop, that's the only part I'm not sure about but I doubt this can make for 300 grams difference. I'll check out the inner tubes when I have the chance, but it seems I'm a long way from the 7kg I was hoping for.

I've got a 56cm SLR01 built up with Ultegra Di2 but running Fulcrum Racing Zeros. Other than that, and Speedplay Zeros in preference to Look Keos, my build is very similar to yours. I weighed it as I use it (with cages, pedals, sensors, mounts etc.) and it comes in just under 7kg. The weight is the Zipps!